Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,076
» Latest member: gogreen
» Forum threads: 7,896
» Forum posts: 95,500

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
22 FZB hesitation on sett...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 26
my posts
Last Post: Jeff Taylor
2 hours ago
» Views: 31
Austin Seven Clubs' Assoc...
Last Post: Association Secretary
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 25
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: lencot1938
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 193
33 Seven Tourer up (and n...
Last Post: Mike Costigan
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 99
Austin sevens in Guernsey
Last Post: Austin in the Shed
Yesterday, 05:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 73
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Steve kay
Yesterday, 12:55 PM
» Replies: 5,988
» Views: 1,352,833
Indicators flickering on ...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 09:33 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 963
Ruby parts
Forum: Sales
Last Post: A7JoJo
Yesterday, 09:16 AM
» Views: 277
Engine Value
Last Post: timbigden@icloud.com
25-04-2024, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 377

gearbox/axle combination AND wheel size table?
Posted by: JonE - 28-04-2021, 04:04 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (10)

I know the common standard and aftermarket gearbox/ gear cluster choice tables posted on the forum in the past... and I know the Williams book has the wheel factors for 15" up to 19" in all tyre sizes.
I just wonder has anyone already produced a table for comparing ALL the variables? Or at least some combinations?

Print this item

If only the DVLA....
Posted by: Tony Griffiths - 28-04-2021, 10:55 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

If only the DVLA had not emerged from the highly over-bureaucratic civil service we could have - like the Americans - almost any number plate we desired. If this was the case, what would the bids be for "AUSTIN 7", "BABY 7", etc. - and what would your choice of registration number be?

Attached Files
.jpg   baby1.jpg (Size: 143.14 KB / Downloads: 384)
.jpg   baby2.jpg (Size: 168.83 KB / Downloads: 383)
Print this item

Zenith 26VA air filter
Posted by: GaryCullen - 28-04-2021, 08:54 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

I offer up front that I am a Austin 10/4 owner residing in Auckland NZ.
However my car has the same Zenith Carb 26 VA as several models of Austin 7’s.
Having just got the car back on the road and being expected to attend local club runs, most of which include unsealed, or as we call them here, shingle roads, there is a lot of dust put up if you are not the first car in the run.
I have been looking for an air filter to fit the 26 VA to help push out the next engine rebuild.
I have seen pictures searched on the internet that seem to show a factory model and mention of after market devices provided by some enterprising uk 7 club members.
The problem is the strangler design on the 26VA swings in from out side and any accommodating filter needs take account of the strangler swing slot.
Any advice on where to procure one will be much appreciated.
The uk Austin ten drivers club can’t help.
Kind regards 
Gary Cullen
Auckland
NZ

Print this item

Zenith 26VA air filter
Posted by: GaryCullen - 28-04-2021, 07:54 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

I offer up front that I am a Austin 10/4 owner residing in Auckland NZ.
However my car has the same Zenith Carb 26 VA as several models of Austin 7’s.
Having just got the car back on the road and being expected to attend local club runs, most of which include unsealed, or as we call them here, shingle roads, there is a lot of dust put up if you are not the first car in the run.
I have been looking for an air filter to fit the 26 VA to help push out the next engine rebuild.
I have seen pictures searched on the internet that seem to show a factory model and mention of after market devices provided by some enterprising uk 7 club members.
The problem is the strangler design on the 26VA swings in from out side and any accommodating filter needs take account of the strangler swing slot.
Any advice on where to procure one will be much appreciated.
The uk Austin ten drivers club can’t help.
Kind regards 
Gary Cullen
Auckland
NZ

Print this item

steering arm broken
Posted by: Ally Monce - 27-04-2021, 04:18 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (24)

Hi guys sunday past" drive it day " ended in disaster coming to a grinding skidding abrupt halt. Investigations revealed the track rod had parted company by the n/s steering arm having snapped off on my 1939 Austin 8 AP tourer with the roadwheel at a very strange angle . (my 1929 A7 van is in bits ) Now fortunately for me a very kind near neighbour assisted me to get my car back to my house by kicking the n/s roadwheel to the required direction as I very slowly drove it back home having bungeeg the track cross rod up to stop it dragging on the road  (had only gone 100 yds when the steering broke) As I am 76 and getting to bloody old for this kind of thing . Would any of you kind souls know if the A Big seven or indeed the seven steering arms be of use on the 39 AP tourer .I would want to renew both and also the track rod ends .Also would anyone know if the A30/35 ones would be of any use (I have fitted the a series engine ) and it runs sweet using a modified back plate and the original gearbox ,All and any advice ,suggestions are most welcome (we invest in our Austins) thanks regards Ally Sad Huh

Print this item

Front cover BA 119 question
Posted by: Steve Bryant - 27-04-2021, 12:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

On the front cover (BA 119), there is a circular steel insert where the cam pulley would go trough with the felt seal in between the cover and the pulley.
Is it possible to remove the steel insert without destroying the front cover?
Thanks,
Stephen

Print this item

seven clutch pedal
Posted by: Vancevr - 26-04-2021, 08:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (8)

i have a quick few questions, i have a 29' chummy and i have found that clutch pedal works more like a on/off switch than a pedal is it only supposed to move an inch? sometimes when moving it around if i move it out too quick (more like very very slow) the rear end jumps and kicks you in the back. any advice would be helpful. my other question is what number is the bulb behind the red glass on the switch board? i know it is a 6v 3w but does it have any special number for getting a new one.

Print this item

seven clutch pedal
Posted by: Vancevr - 26-04-2021, 08:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

i have a quick few questions, i have a 29' chummy and i have found that clutch pedal works more like a on/off switch than a pedal is it only supposed to move an inch? sometimes when moving it around if i move it out too quick (more like very very slow) the rear end jumps and kicks you in the back. any advice would be helpful. my other question is what number is the bulb behind the red glass on the switch board? i know it is a 6v 3w but does it have any special number for getting a new one.

Print this item

Ruby Charging Problem
Posted by: Peter Iddon - 26-04-2021, 07:58 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Hi Everyone
I'm looking for Lucas CFR voltage cut out for my 1934 Mk1 Ruby, can anyone point me in the direction where I might be able to source one please?
The one I have has suddenly stopped charging, I'm not an expert on these things but on looking at the reverse side of mine the resistor wire has come loose at the lower end.
It looks like the Bakelite housing has deteriorated and there's nothing left to secure the lower resistor wire fixing screw to.
I've tried a couple of companies from our cherished supplier list but without success.
If I can't source a direct replacement, does anyone know whether there's a modern alternative I could replace it with?
Huh

Print this item

HYDRAULIC BRAKES , HELP PLEASE
Posted by: Rpm - 26-04-2021, 05:40 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (16)

Hi there, I recently changed the cylinders on the front wheels of my A7, which has the 1960s Morris hydraulic conversion two of them were a bit rusty one being seized. So whilst I was there, I bought new shoes and had the Girling drums cleaned up and take out the ridges. The problem that I have after a good bleed is that with the car jacked up and my wife applying the brake pedal I can turn the front wheels with a bit of effort by hand. Could it be the master cylinder not effective? although it's not leaking. I have checked the wheel cylinders which move in and out by about 1/8 is that good or bad. The snail adjusters are fully turned out.
The minimal bight that I do have is at the end of the travel on the foot brake
I would appreciate any help.
Regards RPM

Print this item