The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gearbox/axle combination AND wheel size table?
I know the common standard and aftermarket gearbox/ gear cluster choice tables posted on the forum in the past... and I know the Williams book has the wheel factors for 15" up to 19" in all tyre sizes.
I just wonder has anyone already produced a table for comparing ALL the variables? Or at least some combinations?
Hi Jon,
Would you mean an Excel, or other, file with gearboxes and tyres combinations? giving speed versus rpms?
yes - that sort of stuff..!
excel even better because presumably I could then alter it for adding back axle ratios...
I'll be pleased to do that. I need only to collect datas.
Try this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43ct6fxe9no5sk...s.xls?dl=0
Hopefully the link works
Oh I WOULD of course include back axle ratio!
I believe I can find everything in Bill Williams?
If you have more data available just direct me please.
Renaud - thank you for enthusiasm but check out Charles' post - it may already all be done!!
Thanks all - will get reading....
Try appendix 2 of Bill Williams book “Austin Seven Specials. This contains everything you would want to know on the subject.
There was a good section on the Speedex site relating to gear ratios, wheel sizes and engine revs. worth looking at if its still there.
Black Art Enthusiast
There was Ian, though if memory serves me well it contained an error in the ratios for the crash 4-speed box, might be worth double checking the numbers.