Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,057
» Latest member: Mike D S
» Forum threads: 7,882
» Forum posts: 95,092

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Material dyeing
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Malcolm Parker
3 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 208
Where to buy nuts & bolts...
Last Post: goodwoodweirdo
4 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,416
What have you done today ...
Last Post: goodwoodweirdo
5 hours ago
» Replies: 5,925
» Views: 1,348,556
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: falcott
7 hours ago
» Replies: 81
» Views: 2,749
Greetings from across the...
Last Post: A Spooky Ghost
Today, 02:52 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 0
How can you check your ba...
Last Post: John Mason
Yesterday, 09:04 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 178
Tony Betts
Last Post: Mikey
Yesterday, 05:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 145
Where to start? New (old)...
Last Post: Mike Costigan
Yesterday, 01:03 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 654
Removing broken sump bolt...
Last Post: GM6VXB
27-03-2024, 08:09 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 448
Chummy Hood Fitting to Bo...
Last Post: Parazine
26-03-2024, 11:50 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 180

Film Appearance scene 2!
Posted by: James Anderson - 15-04-2021, 03:19 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

A bunch of us are taking our vintage vehicles to a 'shoot' in Brighton in just over a week's time. I'm after another 5 pre-1935 original cars any make,  from the Brighton area. Contact via cynicaldoc7@gmail.com for full details. Andy Lowe kindly helped out the last time and the film is 'The Vindication Swim'.

Print this item

German LHD Nippy
Posted by: Les gammon - 15-04-2021, 12:05 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Due the Forum difficulties of the last week or so,I have been shut out of the Forum. But now miraculously, no doubt due to hard work by The Management,I am back in. Thank you.
I wanted to add to the thread of recently about LHD German Nippys. I know of such a car nr. Berlin. It is a genuine German car and has been in my friend,s garage for at least 30years. It needs work. If the original searcher for such a car will not act me I will provide more info.

Print this item

FORUM FIXED!!
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 15-04-2021, 11:19 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

I do believe that the Forum is now running properly again.

This is thanks to the detective work by our Webmaster and Steve Thompson who eventually found the issue.

If you clear the cookies for www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk and www.austinsevenfriends.com you should now be able to login in and log out, quote and receive notifications.

Thank you very much Webmaster and Steve!

Print this item

Exclamation Bloodstained Radiator hoses
Posted by: David.H - 15-04-2021, 10:12 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

I could have used another word for bloodstained, but not on this polite forum! Even wearing strong gloves they  are real skin scrapers!
Does anyone supply hoses that are supple? The traditional ones look good and work fine EXCEPT they are such devils to fit being so short and stiff. The lower one in particular is a brute - and it sits/rubs nicely against a bolt on the engine!

Print this item

duff CFR2 cutout box and broken 3 speed ball change
Posted by: JonE - 15-04-2021, 10:03 AM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

for experimentation:
has anyone got a broken/tatty CFR2 cutout box. dont need resistance or cutout working. or the box to be complete, or with lid!

Also, I don't want to destroy a complete (late/ball) 3 speed gearstick for a trial remote-change. 
Has anyone got a broken re-useable selector stub, or indeed has anyone remanufactured the selector ball and stub piece?

Print this item

Brake cable diameter
Posted by: leaf200 - 15-04-2021, 08:22 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

What was the original diameter of a brake cable?  The new cables are generally to big for the front compensator and do not move through nicely.

Print this item

Rear axle flanges
Posted by: David.H - 14-04-2021, 02:01 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

Continuing my saga of the  back axle....
I set about re- adjusting the brakes ( a straightforward luxury with hydraulics!)and noticed that he offside outer hub (with its new half shaft key and properly tightened nut!) flange was not hard up against the inner flange when the clamping force of the wheel nuts was relaxed! In fact a gap of about 1/16" could be seen! The inner flange could be moved in & out! Once wheel nuts/countersunk screws etc are tightened  of course this inner flange is tight against the outer....the assembly had not moved at all after a brisk 15 mile run. Nor does the wheel appear to be loose.
The other side is snug one half up to the other. No untoward noises, no rattles.....
Any comments.....I don't like it Captain Mainwaring. .....

Print this item

Is it a good deal?
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 14-04-2021, 07:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

For sale in Canada. $49,999

Site asks 'Is this a good deal?' but, sadly,  the link doesn't provide the answer. I think we know though, don't we...

(1 $Can = 58p)

.jpg   ruby.JPG (Size: 66.5 KB / Downloads: 267)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/cal...e/m1042871

Print this item

HALF SHAFTS WANTED..!
Posted by: vintage_racing - 13-04-2021, 05:02 PM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

WANTED
SWB / banjo axle half shafts wanted.
0.890 versions - new or old stock considered, but must be good condition
With thanks
ben.thompson@garsons.co.uk  

.jpg   Austin 7 RK.jpg (Size: 260.49 KB / Downloads: 80)

Print this item

Making an Ulster Style Screen - Any Advice
Posted by: John P - 13-04-2021, 04:24 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (24)

Hi,

I’ve been thinking of replacing the rather basic aero screens on my Ulsteroid with an original style folding screen which I hope to make myself in order to keep the cost down.

Before I retired I worked in engineering so should have the skills to do this but unfortunately I now only have hand tools plus a bench drill so any other machining would have to be farmed out which would quickly increase the cost.

Before I get too involved I wondered if anyone on here had actually made a screen themselves and if there was any advice on how practical it would be without access to a machine shop.

John.

Print this item