The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,078
» Latest member: Candlins
» Forum threads: 7,898
» Forum posts: 95,526

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
33 Seven Tourer up (and n...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Bob Olive
13 minutes ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 230
Modern crank oil seal siz...
Last Post: goodwoodweirdo
13 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: prithvitagore
1 hour ago
» Replies: 99
» Views: 3,623
22 FZB hesitation on sett...
Last Post: Alan
11 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 231
Materials for Folding Scr...
Last Post: Charles P
Yesterday, 09:24 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 168
Running board rubbers
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,103
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 421
Austin Seven Clubs' Assoc...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 206
Military Seven Tourer Inf...
Last Post: PeteUU
27-04-2024, 04:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
my posts
Last Post: Mike Costigan
27-04-2024, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140

Registering a special
Posted by: frequentflyer - 06-09-2022, 11:14 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

I have recently purchased a chassis with most of the running gear from a local farm and believe the car to have a very local history. I understand the body and some other bits were removed after it was involved in an accident with a tractor and can confirm that it appears to have had a whack with one rear spring and the chassis having both a bend and a split where the spring/rear wheel had been hit.
It does have a clear chassis number but no registration plates or documents. The era of the parts seem to all match up to the age of the chassis to give a date of 1932 and the chassis has not been chopped or altered apart from the damage sustained.

My question is if I was to build or purchase a period body what would be required to get the car road registered and how best to go about it?

My second question is if this is all possible within the ever increasing DVLA rules what body should I go for?
Having seen some of the more exotic A7s at the centenary I was thinking of possibly recreating something that has dissapered as I like a good challenge

Print this item

Beaulieu Autojumble (10-11 Sept 2022)
Posted by: Ian Wegg - 06-09-2022, 09:44 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

It's nearly that time.

Can I ask which stallholders will be there this year and if possible the pitch number? I didn't manage to find you all last year.

Print this item

'Special' on ebay
Posted by: andrew34ruby - 06-09-2022, 08:36 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (15)

What do we think to this, on ebay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195317846388?...Sw6k5jDeB7

Print this item

Shuttleworth 10th Sept
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 06-09-2022, 09:23 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

Some of you may have heard that the DH Moth Club will not be holding their fly-in at Shuttleworth on Saturday - however the event day is still on and there will be general De Havilland aircraft attending. The Collection hangars and Swiss Garden will be open as normal. 

I gather that around 60 Austin Sevens are booked to attend. See you there!

Print this item

early car angled number plates
Posted by: JonE - 06-09-2022, 08:13 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (18)

I was trying to look through some early photos but not having much luck.
How much evidence is there for the early angled registration plates and why do we think that they were so? Looking through the Boulogne photos, they seem to be mostly vertical, with some gently curved in a side-to-side plane.

Print this item

Speedo Needle
Posted by: k8207418 - 04-09-2022, 04:11 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

I’m having difficulty removing the needle so I can swap the face.
I’ve got a little gadget to pull it off but it’s stuck solid 
Is it splined ?

Print this item

Engine Knocking....
Posted by: Denis Sweeney - 03-09-2022, 05:55 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (53)

My Ruby has developed a disturbing knocking noise.

Having completed some 2100 miles in the last 5 months including the Eurotour and attending Moreton, a few issues had presented themselves involving worn bushes in the distributor, leaky fuel pump and carburettor problems. All these have, in recent weeks, been rebuilt and re-installed.

On completing these adjustments Ruby ran, albeit she felt and sounded a bit chuggy and clanky, but after several adjustments to the ignition first retarding then tweaking it back and forth, she sounds a feels so much better than she has ever been, I actually find myself having to take my foot off the accelerator as she just wants to go.

However since this recent work, I can now detect a definite knocking noise.  At tick over, it cannot be detected even when revving the engine whilst stationary it is not there, it is not noticeable accelerating in first and second but appears at the top end of revs under load in third and all the time in forth. The rate of knocking increases with revs.

I have never heard this knocking before and is causing me concern as my experience in these matters is very limited. I do not want to ignore it, but do not want to start stripping down for no good reason.

Ruby has a 2 bearing engine with a high comp head and was rebuilt many years ago but has only done 3100 in total. The rebuild included new main bearings, new white metal bearings, bores re-sleaved, new pistons, valves  etc. but it is the original crank and cam shaft.

Can anyone offer any advice or does anyone with experience of A7 engines reside in the Kent area who could have a listen or could point me in the direction of a trusted A7 mechanic or workshop dealing with A7's in the Kent area who could have a listen and offer some advice.

Any thoughts much appreciated
Cheers Denis S        

Print this item

Oil leak Bad
Posted by: Tiger - 03-09-2022, 05:10 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

Just when I was about to return for a road trial.
Disaster struck 
The front pulley oil leak has returned with a vengeance 
Despite following the advice to trim the seal glue in place and well oiled 
I can only guess there’s no oil thrower fitted
It’s 4 years since I built the engine and cannot remember whether I fitted one.
Or whether I knew one should be fitted
However I would like to buy a thrower any ideas who lists them 
Regards
             Tim

Print this item

Windshield: One-piece or splitted?
Posted by: Hurvinek - 03-09-2022, 01:10 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

The pre-owner of my new Austin had replaced the original windscreen by a one-piece.

What is your opinion?

Is it affordable to use a one-piece, for more comfort maybe, or should I rebuild the windshield to a splitted original one, which would look much better? If so, where could I get one, are those available?

That's of course a matter of personal taste, but I'm a little bit unsure and would like to get some different opinions. Some pros and cons would be nice.

Thank you very much in advance, have a nice weekend you all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Wiper motor: Asking for help
Posted by: Hurvinek - 03-09-2022, 01:01 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

Good day, dear ladies and gentlemen

I have some questions about the wiper motor, as it can be seen on the fotos.

1. Is this a genuine Austin Seven part?
2. Where is the power supply connected and in what way?
3. Ground across the wiper motor housing?
4. I can't find an on/off switch. Is that the big one on the underside?
5. What is the point of being able to operate the wiper by hand?

Thank you very much in advance, have a nice weekend you all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item