Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,078
» Latest member: Candlins
» Forum threads: 7,898
» Forum posts: 95,529

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Modern crank oil seal siz...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Terrytuned
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 73
33 Seven Tourer up (and n...
Last Post: Bob Olive
5 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 262
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: prithvitagore
6 hours ago
» Replies: 99
» Views: 3,648
22 FZB hesitation on sett...
Last Post: Alan
Yesterday, 10:07 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 242
Materials for Folding Scr...
Last Post: Charles P
Yesterday, 09:24 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 180
Running board rubbers
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,114
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 431
Austin Seven Clubs' Assoc...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 209
Military Seven Tourer Inf...
Last Post: PeteUU
27-04-2024, 04:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 90
my posts
Last Post: Mike Costigan
27-04-2024, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144

'A Proper Race Car'
Posted by: Mike Costigan - 09-09-2022, 08:49 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

'Raced at Brookland, crashed at Brands Hatch' - who's he kidding? 

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1498615

Is Mr Ticking Tappets exempt from the Trades Description Act?

Print this item

Torque tube oil leaking
Posted by: Nick Mayne - 09-09-2022, 07:01 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

I am losing oil which is dripping off the bottom of the torque tube chassis mounting nut.
I have lip seals either side of my back axle and David Cockrane's bronze oil thrower but with his lip seal modification. I wondered if the space is getting pressurised thereby pushing out back axle oil. Looking at a spare back axle I see there is a setscrew on top of the torque tube and just realised that is a breather ... not covered by Woodrow's book! So I need to check if I have lost much oil from the differential but also remove the breather from under the car to check if that one  is blocked. Has anyone else had oil being pushed out (through lip-seal or scroll) by the breather being blocked?

Print this item

Half mast
Posted by: andrew34ruby - 09-09-2022, 05:08 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

Flag at half mast to remember our loss of the Queen.

Print this item

Re chrome Headlights
Posted by: k8207418 - 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (17)

Has anyone had headlights re chromed ?
If so was it expensive 
I have a pair that are basically back to brass and I was considering replacement with a cheap repro set but would like to keep them if possible

Print this item

Did the Queen drive an Austin Seven
Posted by: peterHales - 09-09-2022, 11:27 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (13)

I saw on Facebook a reference to the Queen having an Austin Seven. Does anybody have any information or photos they can share?

Print this item

MGCC Wiscombe 10 september
Posted by: dickie65 - 08-09-2022, 05:53 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Hi Folks,

If anyone is in the Southwest.

The MGCC are hosting a Hillclimb at Wiscombe Park in Devon 10/9/2022
There should be three Austin Sevens taking part.
There will be a good variety of cars taking part both Ancient and Modern.

Print this item

Could this be a first?
Posted by: Reckless Rat - 08-09-2022, 01:30 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

The Mem'Sahib and I have just got back home after a 200 miles round trip to celebrate the unofficial France Austin Seven Centenary Rally, which was going have a total entry of 2, but unfortunately Bob 46320 had to drop out. Whatever, (and Karen is much better I hear) anyway we had a very nice overnight stop in St Geniez d'Olt in the Aveyron and then made our way back home via Florac in the Lozère.

Leaving Florac on the N106, travelling West-East one has to climb over the Col de Jalcreste, which tops out at 832 metres, or 2729 feet. The climb is fairly gentle and I was surprised that The RP managed to get all the way to the top in 4th gear. She was romping along at 40mph most of the way apart from the last couple of hundred metres where she started to flag a bit, but she went over the top, in top.

Anyone else ever got to 832 metres above sea level in top gear in a Seven? To put it in perspective that's higher than the Tan Hill Inn in the Pennines, or the top of Ingleborough (by 110 metres)

Two up, with luggage too!:

[Image: 20220908-113430.jpg]

OK it's a bit of a cheat because Florac is already at 500 metres or so, which makes the climb to the top of the col a mere 330 metres, but I've never ever got to the top of a hill like this in top gear before, not in a Seven.

Question is, is it a record?

Print this item

SF24 Trafficator pictures?
Posted by: darcher121 - 08-09-2022, 11:29 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

Would anyone have a photo of a SF24 trafficator as fitted to an early Ruby?

I am most interested in the structure of the back plate and how exactly it fitted into the door post.
Thanks!

Print this item

PWA7C magazine
Posted by: Steve kay - 08-09-2022, 07:47 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

I have been unable to contact Roger Bugg by email. Is this just my machine being hopeless, or has there been an email address change?

Print this item

Torque tube adjustment
Posted by: 12jslater - 07-09-2022, 03:19 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Hello everyone after radio silence for quite a while I return with a question, how tight should the Bolts holding the castlated disc on be on the later torque tube (silentbloc) as when I have them nipped up there is a whining noise when driving like a noisy diff and when pulling away a judder however when loose (a lot more than I feel comfortable leaving it) the juddering stops nearly completely and the whining quietens a lot! Just double checking I’m not missing anything out!

Hope to hear back!

Print this item