The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttleworth 10th Sept
Some of you may have heard that the DH Moth Club will not be holding their fly-in at Shuttleworth on Saturday - however the event day is still on and there will be general De Havilland aircraft attending. The Collection hangars and Swiss Garden will be open as normal. 

I gather that around 60 Austin Sevens are booked to attend. See you there!
Yes.  See you there too!
Richard.
We will be their with Harvey.
Hi Nick

Is the event still on given the Queens demise?

Cheers

Howard

Just about to set off  Huh
I would have heard from Shuttleworth if they were cancelling. Nothing has been received so it is still on.

Literally as I posted the above I got a call from Shuttleworth to say that the event for A7s is still on but that there may be a more limited number of De Havilland planes attending, due to the death of the Queen. The official De Havilland fly-in is cancelled but aircraft may still attend.  All the museum hangers and facilities will be open and the gardens too. 

It is still very much worth coming!
(09-09-2022, 10:34 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I would have heard from Shuttleworth if they were cancelling. Nothing has been received so it is still on.

Literally as I posted the above I got a call from Shuttleworth to say that the event for A7s is still on but that there may be a more limited number of De Havilland planes attending, due to the death of the Queen. The official De Havilland fly-in is cancelled but aircraft may still attend.  All the museum hangers and facilities will be open and the gardens too. 

It is still very much worth coming!

See you there tomorrow.

Charles   YSV 275
Despite Shuttleworth's decision to cancel the De Havilland fly-in today, twenty-five A7s gathered at the airfield. Some had travelled a long distance to be there - including Howard & Liz Wright who drove the Brookfield Special all the way from Wales, and another couple who arrived from Devon.

We were able to enjoy the Collection's hangars which are full of interesting things and which also proved useful when the torrential rainshowers were in progress...!

Photos are here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enjoyed a good trip across to Shuttleworth in Harvey. There were some interesting aircraft movements and the collection never ceases to impress. For the first time we visited the Swiss Garden which is wonderful. 

Pity we couldn't have the full works of the Tiger Moths but it was well worth the trip. Well done to the organisers. 

You might notice in my picture the gathering storm clouds. Late afternoon they came!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hi Nick

thank you for sharing these great photographs with us in the colonies. good to see some very nice 7's in the photographs, even nicer to the stunning aircraft in the collection. Having spent many hours at control in a Tiger Moth I have to say that I was quite envious that you had access to these machines.

regards from sunny Myrtleford, Vic Australia
If you would like to see more Moths etc, these are the pics from the 2017 fly-in.  https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2n1tjb