The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,078
» Latest member: Candlins
» Forum threads: 7,899
» Forum posts: 95,530

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Differential lip seal
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: phillips
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
Let's put a wee diesel in...
Last Post: A Spooky Ghost
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 28
Modern crank oil seal siz...
Last Post: Terrytuned
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 91
33 Seven Tourer up (and n...
Last Post: Bob Olive
7 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 268
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: prithvitagore
8 hours ago
» Replies: 99
» Views: 3,656
22 FZB hesitation on sett...
Last Post: Alan
Yesterday, 10:07 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 246
Materials for Folding Scr...
Last Post: Charles P
Yesterday, 09:24 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 182
Running board rubbers
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,114
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 432
Austin Seven Clubs' Assoc...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 209

pre Beaulieu Celibration at Keith and Heather Roach's home probably c.1968
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 19-09-2022, 08:19 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

From my father....

Print this item

Austin seven bodied to look like a bicycle saddle
Posted by: kenkimber - 19-09-2022, 09:39 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (20)

If anyone amongst the knowledgeable subscribers to this forum knows of any other images of the Austin Seven bodied to look like a Dunlop Bicycle Saddle that was printed in The Austin Advocate, in I suspect, about 1925 I would be most grateful if you could point me in their direction.
My researches, so far, have failed to find any.    

Print this item

Stopped by Plod for weak brakes.
Posted by: Tony Griffiths - 18-09-2022, 10:17 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Stopped by Plod for weak brakes - the solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Nearly a fire...
Posted by: JoeRowing - 17-09-2022, 04:37 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Went to start the ruby today and after turning ignition on, clouds of smoke from under the dash.

I've taken the dash off and it's the wire from switch to positive side of the coil that has almost entirely burnt it's insulation.

Is this an internal coil failure? Odd as it's only a couple of months old. Suggestions please!

Well, swapped the coil and that seems to have fixed it but testing the old one seems fine!

Print this item

DEL dynamo and cf1 cutout
Posted by: Mogens - 17-09-2022, 03:18 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

Hello . I need a dynamo type DEL , as the best I know is the correct for 1929 Austin 7. I have sought on e bay  without 
luck.  Not many sevens in Denmark . Have seen advertising on ebay for refurbishing dynamos. I am not going to autojumbles in UK. I have put a tread in wants .
Thanks

Print this item

Plug lead attachments
Posted by: Alan - 17-09-2022, 12:43 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

What is the correct method of attaching plug leads to a magneto with thumbscrew type posts on the distributor head. I can’t believe you have to wrap the bare wire around the terminal.  
.jpeg   954B473C-87BC-428B-A319-F4E3BED5E4D0.jpeg (Size: 64.8 KB / Downloads: 415)

Print this item

Suspension Modification
Posted by: Mick Hanna - 16-09-2022, 01:09 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (16)

In an attempt to reduce the wandering steering of my ARR Ruby which behaved very alarmingly on the way to and from the Centenary event at Moreton, I decided to follow the practice of removing one of the front spring shackles and locking it off with a triangular plate. There are a number of articles about this, each with a different variation of the modification. Ian Williams describes one method on this Forum, Terry Griffin (Midland A7 Club) describes his method on the website and (note - no use of Oxford comma made here) another method is described by 'Spanner' on the Hereford A7 Club website.

'Spanners' version sandwiches the leaf spring eye and axle beam with 2 plates, whereas the other two use a single plate, either in front or behind the axle beam. I have decided to use a single plate on the front which will require a spacer to sit in the profiled recess of the axle beam where the upper radius arm mounting is positioned - the anchor.

In none of the descriptions of the modifications does it take you through the process of dismantling and fitting, probably assuming that if you got this far you know what you are doing. In my case, I thought I'd got the weight of the body off the front axle through supporting the chassis further back, so I was very alarmed when the front shackle was finally removed and the spring sprang down under tension!

So here are my questions: 

Firstly, using a flat iron jemmy I can lever the spring upwards, hopefully enough to line up the bolts and plate and fix the darn thing in place, but will this do any damage to the leaf spring or axle beam? 

Secondly, is there something I am overlooking that I need to do?

Sensible advice will be much appreciated.

The picture below is 'Spanner's' sandwhich version.

.png   Shackle plate 1.png (Size: 748.56 KB / Downloads: 622)

Print this item

B Type Coupe for sale by auction
Posted by: kenkimber - 16-09-2022, 09:14 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

There is currently ( ten hours to go ) a B Type Coupe for sale on the Car and Classic Auction Website, which I had never come across until a couple of days ago.
Although there are clearly issues with the car the current highest bid of £4800 seems quite low for such a rare car, it will be interesting to see what it eventually reaches.

Print this item

Photos from Goodwood
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 15-09-2022, 05:54 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

The Sevens are gathering at the Revival.

Print this item

Headlamp reflectors all models
Posted by: Stuart Joseph - 15-09-2022, 03:59 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Good afternoon. I have recently received many enquiries about the availabilty of headlamp reflectors.

Peter Jury of Classic Dynamo and Regulator Conversions is marketing a Projector Bulb which operates without the need for a reflector.

The cost of these per pair is less than the cost of having reflectors resilvered. This means that original reflectors can be used.

They are produced in BAd fitting (twin contact) and are dipping.

With a minor modification to the bulbholder these will fit any A7 lamp, including Lucas R510 Scuttle lamps. Aesthetically they look like ordinary bulbs when fitted.

I have ordered a pair and will report back on their effectiveness.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Print this item