The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B Type Coupe for sale by auction
There is currently ( ten hours to go ) a B Type Coupe for sale on the Car and Classic Auction Website, which I had never come across until a couple of days ago.
Although there are clearly issues with the car the current highest bid of £4800 seems quite low for such a rare car, it will be interesting to see what it eventually reaches.
Here's the link:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1...upe-gzyPO8

It is on the A7CA Chassis Register.
up to 6.3k now. It always seem a bit odd that they give so much information about the bidders...
Made £7.8k. Looks a solid buy.
From the photos it had a hot engine,but the rear n/s  body in particular had some problems.
Hopefully the new owner now has a car which will be fun to us ‘as is’, ultimately it seemed a fair price however one could spend a lot of money in efforts to make it perfect, but opportunities to own one of these do not crop up often.
I know the new owner well. An ex Austin apprentice with several Austins, both big and small, he's delighted with it.
Sounds like an ideal person for the car to have found a new home with.
That looks lovely, not too scary to use regularly and a good price. 

I agree that the new owner has got himself a lovely little car; I've always liked the B-type Coupes. I am puzzled however with the information that the car had previously been a catagory B write-off. My understanding was that catagory Bs were not permitted on public roads ever again but this one appears to have been in use (and deservedly so). 

Another Seven known to me was written off and the owner was denied the option of retaining the salvage because it was a cat B claim. A couple of weeks later the damaged chassis was advertised for sale by a salvage yard, complete with a current V5. The damaged body was made available separately.

A passing comment on the Adrian Flux website hints that there are ways around the ruling but leaves me more confused.  Category B Write Off | Adrian Flux    I'm not insured with them but assume there are some standard principles somewhere.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of this? It would be terrible if a car was lost un-necessarily and I can't help thinking that some clarification would be beneficial.