The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,078
» Latest member: Candlins
» Forum threads: 7,899
» Forum posts: 95,530

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Differential lip seal
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: phillips
20 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Let's put a wee diesel in...
Last Post: A Spooky Ghost
24 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Modern crank oil seal siz...
Last Post: Terrytuned
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 81
33 Seven Tourer up (and n...
Last Post: Bob Olive
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 265
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: prithvitagore
7 hours ago
» Replies: 99
» Views: 3,652
22 FZB hesitation on sett...
Last Post: Alan
Yesterday, 10:07 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 245
Materials for Folding Scr...
Last Post: Charles P
Yesterday, 09:24 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 181
Running board rubbers
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,114
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: Hugh Barnes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 432
Austin Seven Clubs' Assoc...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 209

Beaulieu Autojumble 2022
Posted by: Stuart Joseph - 15-09-2022, 03:44 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Good afternoon. Does the deafening silence on this forum about the event reflect my disappointing experience?

Regards from the creative county Staffordshire.

Print this item

1927 prop' shaft
Posted by: rwells@talktalk.net - 15-09-2022, 11:29 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Morning all. This is the third time I've taken my Ulster rep' apart, this time to remove a duff gearbox. Each time I've had problems removing the Propellor shaft. According to Mr Woodrow it's three nuts off at the gearbox end then slide the shaft back into the carden block joint, done. However, my shaft does not move backwards, perhaps a fraction of an inch or so but no where near enough to clear the bolts that run through the fabric joint. Again referring to Doug, he states that three versions of the shaft were made so perhaps I have the wrong shaft. The length of my shaft is 19 15/16". My chassis number is 46033. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Print this item

A few PA speedometer questions
Posted by: RupertW - 14-09-2022, 09:17 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

Evening all, 

I'm refurbishing a PA speedometer for the chummy project and have a few questions I'm hoping for some answers on:
- should any specific type of grease be used on the ball bearings, or will general purpose grease do?
- again with the general mechanism I'm assuming a light oiling makes sense?
- I think I've read the ball bearing size is 1/16 inch, can anyone confirm this?
- the speedometer actuator arm has an extension with a hole that looks like a spring should go through it - I've not managed to find any reference pictures that show anything along those lines, but I don't understand why it'd be there if not necessary? I'll try and post a picture to explain what I'm asking unless somebody knowledgeable understands what I'm trying to ask!

Any help much appreciated as always

Print this item

Supercharged coolant system woes
Posted by: Dirk73 - 14-09-2022, 08:52 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (31)

Hi folks,

I'm all geared up with great anticipation for the Angouleme centenary race on Sunday, after some hectic weeks getting the car finished it's now tested on the road and goes well apart from cooling issues. 

Are there any racers out there with pumped cooling systems and might be able to advise me on flaws in my layout? 

The car flies along, and will stay at 70-80 degrees C on a level road at 30-40mph. But as soon as you use the throttle any more (like accelerating up a hill) it quickly boils. 

The engine has an Aisin supercharger, a waterpump (suzuki gsxr I think) driven at engine speed & a W.H repro head with dry deck and a solid copper gasket. This was done with the intention of avoiding blown head gaskets. The blower is geared for 7-8psi.

Coolant goes from the bottom of the rad to the pump, out the pump into the front of the cylinder block on the valve side, out the back of the block, back into the rear of the cylinder head, out the front of the head in the normal place and up to the top of the radiator. 

The radiator is a repro midget 1275 aftermarket aluminium job and the coolant header tank is a modernish (1980s) plastic one with a pressure-vent style cap. The fittings added to take the coolant into the block and out the rear back to the head are quite small (16mm internal). 

If anyone has experience with similar cars (pigsty/750mc racers?) and could drop me any hints that would be a great help. Otherwise I fear I'll be on the sidelines watching the rest of the race after overheating on lap 1! 

Regards to all & if anyone else is heading to Angouleme then see you there. 
Sam Archer (aka Dirk) 

[Image: IMG_20220914_192548%20mod.jpg.opt1160x87...60x870.jpg]

Print this item

Ex/inlet valves
Posted by: joe - 14-09-2022, 01:22 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

I’m working on my 1928 mag engine and finding all sort of interesting features, for instance, there is a mixture of cylinder valves- see picture, one of which is marked inlet ( they are all Collet type )
Question: is there a difference between inlet and exhaust valves ?
Joe, in Suffolk.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Tongue Austin wheel wanted
Posted by: Vancevr - 14-09-2022, 09:39 AM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

I am in need of a Wire wheel with the austin script in the center. I dont need a tire. I also dont care about the color I will be painting it anyways.

Print this item

GE(?) for auction on Saturday
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 13-09-2022, 03:54 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

https://wbandsons.com/listing/austin-special/

Print this item

Box Saloon?
Posted by: Tony Griffiths - 12-09-2022, 08:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (10)

The other day our local wildlife photographer was out and about and took this picture of two hot-air balloons over Chatsworth. I know that the sheep are a Blackface/Cumbria/Gritstone cross - but is that an A7?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Chatsworth Ballons2.jpg (Size: 59.9 KB / Downloads: 473)
Print this item

Genuine names please
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 12-09-2022, 08:02 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (33)

I completely understand why, generally, some people prefer to preserve anonimity on the internet.  Many would be surprised/horrified to learn how relatively easy it is to 'find someone' online.

I am happy to express my views in my own name. Am I in a minority?

Print this item

Ulster in Ulster
Posted by: Chris Garner - 12-09-2022, 07:53 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (8)

Simon Thomas has asked me to post the enclosed video.
David Yule entered the car for the 1934 County Down Trophy. Setting off on his first practice lap he rolled the car twice at the first right hand corner. He was thrown out, badly injured and the car wrecked. Five weeks later, having been repaired it was campaigned by G.V.B.Cooke at the Leinster Trophy race on the Skerries circuit. Later Yule was back in the car for Phoenix Park.
So, after 88 years the car finally managed to finish a lap on the Donaghadee circuit.

I am advised the lap took place very early one morning whilst the RUC were abed!

https://youtu.be/5tpmjtwG11g

Print this item