The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ulster in Ulster
Simon Thomas has asked me to post the enclosed video.
David Yule entered the car for the 1934 County Down Trophy. Setting off on his first practice lap he rolled the car twice at the first right hand corner. He was thrown out, badly injured and the car wrecked. Five weeks later, having been repaired it was campaigned by G.V.B.Cooke at the Leinster Trophy race on the Skerries circuit. Later Yule was back in the car for Phoenix Park.
So, after 88 years the car finally managed to finish a lap on the Donaghadee circuit.

I am advised the lap took place very early one morning whilst the RUC were abed!

https://youtu.be/5tpmjtwG11g
Truly wonderful, sounds and goes an absolute treat!
I read the article in the grey mag and am very impressed by the approach to the restoration. As it should be done.
Lovely !  Smile
Hi guys

nice bit of footage of this rather nice Ulster. I have a question however, are Ulster's for some reason exempted from a compulsory stop at "STOP" signed intersection ?. if so, the failure of this driver so to do is a rather bad example for our classic car movement. here in Victoria that would have accrued 4 penalty points on the drivers licence as well as a hefty fine.

have fun
Bernard

No worries narrowgauger. Simon's son was at all intersections checking for safety.
Later on though, the police, which is now rebadged as The Police Service of Northern Island, did catch up with Simon as seen in the enclosed photo. They loved the car!
...and the man walking his dog had a bit of a suprise...
nice to see the same plate series in that picture...
(13-09-2022, 02:39 PM)JonE Wrote: nice to see the same plate series in that picture...

GZ is Belfast, but where is IG?
Fermanagh I believe.