Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,079
» Latest member: CfsAboca
» Forum threads: 7,901
» Forum posts: 95,622

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Engine mounting torque
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: AustinWood
6 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 87
rebuilt engine leaking oi...
Last Post: AustinWood
Yesterday, 04:24 PM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 825
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
Yesterday, 02:07 PM
» Replies: 111
» Views: 4,176
Babbit or White Metal Bea...
Last Post: `Gordonhbm
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 235
Manifold Stud Sealing
Last Post: John Cornforth
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 194
I ain't got nobody - Loui...
Last Post: Andy Bennett
05-05-2024, 08:34 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 294
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Ivor Hawkins
05-05-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 6,001
» Views: 1,353,825
Crown Wheel Question
Last Post: MatthewMyerscough
04-05-2024, 05:51 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1,246
Crank Regrind of big ends...
Last Post: Robert Leigh
04-05-2024, 05:17 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 189
Babbit or White Metal Bea...
Last Post: timbigden@icloud.com
04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56

Bangers and Cash
Posted by: Roger - 28-06-2019, 09:56 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

I watched Bangers and cash on catchup channel “Dave” Last weeks episode (10) featured two A7 in their auction.
Plus a short feature on the Replica Ulster that was sold for £12,000.
There were also many accessories on show.

Roger

Print this item

VSCC mallory park
Posted by: Tony Betts - 27-06-2019, 08:51 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

ive been looking through the VSCC website to see if there is an event at mallory this year.

But can't find anything.

Does anyone know if the VSCC are racing thre this year, and if so when.

I've probably missed it?

Thanks Tony.

Print this item

Is 750 beaulieu going ahead this year ???
Posted by: Tony Betts - 27-06-2019, 07:52 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

Hi all.

Is anyone attending the 750 beaulieu this year???

I've heard very little.

And there has been NO advertising.

I've been asked for a couple of small bits.

but if there is no interest in the show, I'll save my money and time and stay at home.

I know there are grumbles every year as the event shrinks, is this the reason why. Because nobody know it exists.

Tony.

Print this item

Altette horn
Posted by: Paul Nott - 27-06-2019, 05:35 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

My Seven special's horn was mounted on the bonnet  cross bar and was far to heavy, causing the bar to bow and rattle like billy oh.
I ordered a replacement, duly arrived a few days later,
only to find my cheap China made 6v horn did not work!
Decided to try and mount the original elsewhere and after seeing a Cup model on the web decided to mount in a similar position.
The horn was a little tatty so i cleaned and repainted, the model is a 935 HF Lucas Altette service number 700 315.
Can anyone tell me anything about this type of horn and its age, I'm thinking its 1930s?
Now painted it looks great and after 80 plus years still sounding good, which is more than can be said of the cheap Chinese rubbish!

Print this item

Stop brake cable fraying
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 27-06-2019, 04:08 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

If you find yourself with a brake cable that is beginning to fray - clamp a straight HT terminal round it. The diameter of the terminal is perfect for the job.

.jpg   Clip.jpg (Size: 182.87 KB / Downloads: 239)

Print this item

Ebay Austin 7 Special
Posted by: Tony Read - 27-06-2019, 12:15 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

No names, no pack drill, but he's at it again, so caveat emptor!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-...0935.m2460

This one now seems to be no longer available.

Print this item

Looking for my first seven
Posted by: jefinabox - 27-06-2019, 10:10 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

Ey up, I'm Jeff and I'm after a 7. Since watching some 7s go up harewood hill climb, I've been thinking about getting one myself. My current plan is to find a ropey ruby, drive as is for a year or two to get a hang of the mechanicals, then (sacrilege,I know) perhaps turn it into a special. Or get a chassis with v5 separately and build one from that.

I'm based in Yorkshire but don't mind a bit of a travel, does anybody know of a cheap ruby, or chassis with v5?

Cheers,
Jeff

Print this item

Ferry across the Mersey
Posted by: Roland Alcock - 26-06-2019, 08:02 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

HA7C are away for the week staying at Mold. We are considering a trip to Liverpool. Looking to park up at Wallasey or Birkenhead. And taking the ferry. The query is, is there reasonably safe  parking. Before we take the ferry?

Thanks

Roly

Print this item

Ferry across the Mersey
Posted by: Roland Alcock - 26-06-2019, 08:01 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

HA7C are away for the week staying at Mold. We are considering a trip to Liverpool. Looking to park up at Wallasey or Birkenhead. And taking the ferry. The query is, is there reasonably safe  parking. Before we take the ferry?

Thanks

Roly

Print this item

Lodge CB3 spark plugs
Posted by: Scarlet O'Hara - 26-06-2019, 10:36 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

I've been looking for some Lodge CB3 spark plugs without success for some time. Green Spark Plug sell an equivalent (Lodge ML50 I think from memory) but because of the more common single electrode design it doesn't fit. Before I start making up some 14/18mm threaded inserts so that I can use a set of CB14 plugs does anybody have any old CB3's they want to get rid of?

Print this item