The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,076
» Latest member: gogreen
» Forum threads: 7,895
» Forum posts: 95,492

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Indicators flickering on ...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Denis Sweeney
2 minutes ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 896
Ruby parts
Forum: Sales
Last Post: A7JoJo
9 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 242
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Duncan Grimmond
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5,987
» Views: 1,352,677
1934 Austin 7
Last Post: AustinWood
Yesterday, 04:37 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 127
Engine Value
Last Post: timbigden@icloud.com
Yesterday, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 357
Austin Service Journal
Last Post: Tony Press
24-04-2024, 11:24 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 249
Big end clearance
Last Post: Dirk73
24-04-2024, 07:52 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 142
Running board rubbers
Last Post: Old Dave
24-04-2024, 06:35 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 4,005
The Peak Trials
Last Post: Malcolm Parker
24-04-2024, 08:34 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 4,335
Seven events from Septemb...
Last Post: Dean Waller
23-04-2024, 11:46 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 224

Surplus Spares available
Posted by: Les gammon - 26-06-2019, 10:28 AM - Forum: Sales - Replies (8)

For Sale

Starting handles,good ferrules.       4 blade fan and al.dynamo housing. 
BTH magneto was working fine but now has a gear wheel with several broken teeth otherwise excellent.
1930 ish scuttle petrol tank. 
3speed gearbox for uncoupled braked car. Selection of cylinder heads 18mm
P.s. Oil pressure gauges for Vintage A7's and also Rubies. David Harcourt type.

Email Les Gammon or 07786506600

Print this item

Hub 'cap' removal
Posted by: Hugh Barnes - 26-06-2019, 09:08 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

I'm about to have the wheels on the Cabriolet refurbished and need to remove the 'hub caps' prior to the work being carried out. This is for the later style Ruby wheels. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to how this can be done easily before I start bashing away with a bloody great hammer? Advice on how to refit afterwards would be equally well received!!

cheers...

Hugh

Print this item

ID Of Car !
Posted by: Spike47 - 25-06-2019, 01:56 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (21)

Hi

Could anyone id this picture of what I think is a Austin 7 Opal Courier ! .

cheers

Spike

Print this item

Super Scramble
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 25-06-2019, 11:49 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Several 7s in evidence last Sunday at the Bicester Heritage Super Scramble.

Pics here

Print this item

Throttle and advance/retard lever position
Posted by: Parazine - 25-06-2019, 11:34 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

I was pondering a 1st edition Nicholson book the other day and noticed that the drawing (taken from the "official" handbook I think) of the controls of the car shows the hand throttle and advance/retard lever at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock respectively. Downloading the handbooks from the excellent A7CA archive site seems to indicate that the orientation of the levers changed to 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock somewhere between handbooks 715a and 715b (May 1930, RK and Jan 1931, RL). Anyone have the definitive word on this one? Did it change with the steel body introduction as it doesn't seem to be linked to coil engines, long wheelbase or any of the other major changes. Or was the position variable, depending on the assembly operator in the factory?

I'm sure this was discussed on the old site but I've searched and can't find anything.

Tim R

Print this item

eBay Bargains
Posted by: Chris KC - 25-06-2019, 10:07 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRANKSHAFT-4-...SwCINckmL2

Print this item

MMRJ1.1/4 Bearing
Posted by: Zetomagneto - 24-06-2019, 10:28 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Does anyone know where I can get one, it is an alternative rear main bearing, if anyone has a new one I am happy to purchase, or swop for a new standard type rear main

Print this item

More storage restoration
Posted by: Tony Betts - 24-06-2019, 09:26 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (69)

Hello all,

After a few people saying how they enjoyed the last shed rebuild. I thought why not let you all in on THE BIG ONE.

I've never had a chance to fully sort out the spares shed problems since I split the business with wayne. And that was when the twin towers few. 

Can't remember how long that's been, I'm guessing near 20 years.

So take a guess on what sort of mess we are in.

And the buildings have also suffered.

Here are some pics of the scale of the problem to be sorted.

[attachment=6920]

Well as you can see, things pile up when time to sort thing out are short 

[attachment=6921]

[attachment=6922]

And yes, when you need space. You fill the rafters.

[attachment=6923]

The overspill has had to go into the garden, as the container rental got to expensive.

[attachment=6924]

So you can see some of the scale of the problem?

In pic three you can see tins trapped in from my first collection of automobilia.

Things need to change so I can extend the already over full micro museum.

But that's a problem for the winter.

Things are already of to a good start with many job lots being listed on the old ebay thingy.

This is the end of today's effort.

Outside cleared around the doors.
One end of the doors cleared.
And the boxes piled up from the container are already going down.

A good day.

Tony.

[attachment=6925]

Print this item

Speedo and instrument repairs
Posted by: Les gammon - 24-06-2019, 02:26 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

Hi. I can still offer speedo and other A7 instrument repairs. Email me or ring on 07786506600 Les Gammon

Print this item

Vapour Lock
Posted by: bob46320 - 24-06-2019, 10:15 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (35)

Some of you may have seen my post about a REV counter and temperature measurement.  Yesterday, we went out for a run with our local club, Renault Gourdinis, Porches, Fiats etc.  The RN ran well, however on climbing a moderate incline for 10 minutes or so in 2nd gear did raise the temperature some what.  Air temperature was 36 deg C and towards the top of the hill (about 400M climb) she started to miss and jump around.  Fortunately, we made the top of the hill without holding anyone up and continued without problems.  A long break for lunch, temperatures rising  and another run, but after about 40 miles,  another hill and some serious vapour lock problems. After wrapping some water soaked rags around the gravity fuel pipe, we continued for a few miles and we were then stuck !!.  It was my wife who came up with the OBVIOUS solution.  Why not remove the bonnet !! - Well that was so simple,  it fitted behind the front seats perfectly and we continued on our way home much to the merriment to our French drivers.
The temperatures I was able to measure on reaching home:-

Ambient Air temp    39 deg C
Water                    69 deg C  (With the bonnet removed, I guess these had dropped to avoid vapour lock)
Manifold                 74 deg C
Carburettor body     45 deg C
Fuel pipe                34 deg C

I think the culprit is the fuel pipe/ Bulkhead fuel tank temperature, because when cooled with a soaked rag, matters improve.  
I am looking at 1).  Placing insulation around the fuel tank
                      2).  Replacing the copper fuel tube with some sort of insulated tube  (Any ideas / suppliers for that ??)
                      3).  Making some sort of heat insulator for the exhaust pipe (Flitch plates not fitted because they don't fit).
Any thoughts on the above appreciated.  1932 RN Saloon, 4 blade fan, new radiator (Modern core), ignition timing about right, Heatwave.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item