The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,076
» Latest member: john harding
» Forum threads: 7,900
» Forum posts: 95,568

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Let's put a wee diesel in...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: A Spooky Ghost
2 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 386
Friends' Gallery Picture ...
Last Post: Jeff Taylor
4 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 232
Materials for Folding Scr...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
6 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 211
26VA bowl/float chamber
Last Post: falcott
7 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 282
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
8 hours ago
» Replies: 5,990
» Views: 1,353,059
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
Yesterday, 09:34 AM
» Replies: 109
» Views: 4,075
Rescue a Ruby
Last Post: Ivor Hawkins
Yesterday, 09:17 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 2,274
Crown Wheel Question
Last Post: Robert Leigh
30-04-2024, 09:55 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 982
Botley Hill Trial
Last Post: austin
30-04-2024, 10:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 121
Differential lip seal
Last Post: Terrytuned
30-04-2024, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 196

Paint question
Posted by: Vancevr - 14-10-2021, 10:03 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Quick question did the austin company make any chummies in green in 1929?

Print this item

Rubber Seals.
Posted by: Smiley - 13-10-2021, 07:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

Hi Folks, Im looking for some rubber or leather washers that fit between the
Door Handle and Door Panel on the 1932 RP Box, as a Seal.
Has anybody managed to find these with any of the suppliers,?  Smile

Smiley

Print this item

Chummies in USA
Posted by: David.H - 13-10-2021, 03:57 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

There are a couple of Chummies for sale on US eBay. One listed now, but some details of another. In US fashion not much hard data on chassis etc numbers, but maybe not expensive Shipping from USA about £1000 (or was ! ) duty 5% of landed cost. Item 284480148152 should find them

Print this item

odd dynamo diagnosis
Posted by: JonE - 12-10-2021, 05:57 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (8)

Odd one - posting to see if someone immediately suggests the weak point....

Charging system with converted CFR2 ( Conrad type rectifier diode for cutout and a resistor to replace the old coiled resistance wire), PLC2 switch and 3 brush late dynamo was fine and running well. Some tweaking of third brush seemed to draw an end to its function, with the red ign light remaining on at all times.  

Stripped dynamo off and re-soldered the 3rd brush lead; checked everything, re-assembled.

No difference.

Stripped dynamo off with distributor still attached. Connected joined top terminals to battery positive and case to negative. It motored.
Should I have noted how fast this should be?

Put it back on - no difference.

There are no recent changes in the wiring locations and its all new. I've checked for wire fall-outs and checked continuity between D and F locations on the CFR2 and the end of the loom to the dynamo - all fine.

I'm presuming the resistance is not at fault - could this be a diode failure and how likely is that? Is it possible that the dynamo motoring was too slow and there is some partial fault in the innards? I'm thinking that the 3rd brush wire break COULD have been as a result of pulling the end of the dynamo off, so the "repair" there may be a red herring.

Hope someone recognises something they have been through before...

Print this item

Vintage axle 4.9, 19/12/1927
Posted by: Brice - 12-10-2021, 04:37 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (5)

1927 vintage banjo axle. 

Hasn't come from a road going car so will need some setting up to put back into service.

The offside axle tube has a few small dents in it, a spare to tube will come with the axle.

Please see the attached pictures, will send more, it seemed that four was the max for this post.

The axle is in Cumbria.

PM an Offer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Complete, new, Austin 7 Engine?
Posted by: Tony Griffiths - 12-10-2021, 10:27 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

OK, sorry, one is not available - but this amazing video does show the possibility of 3D printing one. If an entire rocket engine including the complex pipework, etc. can be made in this way, why not the structural parts of an IC one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz165f1g8-E

Print this item

Paint matching
Posted by: Captain Mike - 12-10-2021, 08:39 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Hi Everybody

I am in the process of trying to touch up the paint work on my Ruby body, the wings are black so that is not a problem, although I realise there are may shades of black, my problem is how can I get some paint for touching up the rest of the car

I have tried looking for a company that will supply paint based on me taking a example so they can use a spectrophotometer to match the colour, although it will never be spot on it may be very close, but I cannot find any company's that will supply this service, the closes I can get is dove grey for the body, has anybody got any leads or ideas, if I cannot get any paint it will have to be a full respray

Thanks
Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

More accommodation released for the Austin Seven Centenary Event
Posted by: Nick Salmon - 11-10-2021, 09:16 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

I promised to let you know when the second tranche of accommodation (double rooms only) is released. It is!

Go here to begin the booking process. 

Don't rush it. Check and double check that you have everything correct before you pay. We cannot amend bookings or make refunds once you have booked.

Print this item

Who, Where, When?Any ideas
Posted by: Robin Boyce - 11-10-2021, 07:24 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (15)

Any ideas please?

.jpg   Ulster Beaulieu 2.jpg (Size: 244.74 KB / Downloads: 628)

Print this item

Accommodation
Posted by: Alan Bee - 11-10-2021, 07:09 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Tried to book on-site accommodation, but the only option is camping!  Does this mean that the accommodation is full?  Anyone know? Huh

Print this item