The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,070
» Latest member: RWBJR
» Forum threads: 7,893
» Forum posts: 95,389

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Crown Wheel Question
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
4 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 699
Jumping out of 3rd gear
Last Post: Graham Barker
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 96
Rear exhaust pipe
Last Post: David Stepney
8 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 70
Compression testing
Last Post: John Mason
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 234
Broken Crankshaft
Last Post: Nick Turley
Yesterday, 11:26 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 535
Front hubs
Last Post: Andy Bennett
Yesterday, 11:03 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 554
More bargain lathes
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
Scottish Austin Seven Clu...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
Yesterday, 06:37 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 150
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
17-04-2024, 07:51 PM
» Replies: 97
» Views: 3,566
Gas and Ignition levers o...
Last Post: Old Dave
17-04-2024, 06:48 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 208

Thermostat modification
Posted by: Howard Wright - 11-10-2021, 06:17 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

Hi All

I’ve read in various threads about the thermostat modification and am planning to do the same to my Special.  However I’d like to keep the hoses looking standard if possible and have this idea.

I’ve obtained a motorcycle thermostat that is just 32mm at its widest point. This fits into the standard hose.  I propose using two hoses with 32mm OD slid inside the standard hose from each end to sandwich the thermostat. The inner hoses have an ID of 21mm.  

Pic of the two hoses and thermostat below.

My concern is that this arrangement may restrict the flow of water too much.  I guess it is worth trying to see what happens but does anyone have experience or comments?

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   49E29DAF-4911-477E-961D-C9DEA32E1C8C.jpeg (Size: 112.96 KB / Downloads: 165)

Print this item

Lady BacFire...
Posted by: goodwoodweirdo - 11-10-2021, 11:21 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

GN Fraser Nash Austin special

anyone know more about this wonderful special

Cheers
Matt

Print this item

Anyone here DHA317 Ruby Special ?
Posted by: goodwoodweirdo - 11-10-2021, 11:18 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Good morning chaps,
Over the weekend someone showed me a photo of DHA317 - fantastic looking conversion anyone know more ?

cheers
Matt

Print this item

5.25 CWP, post 1931
Posted by: Brice - 10-10-2021, 09:53 PM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

Dear all,

I’m looking, please, for a matched good condition 5.25 crown wheel and pinion, to fit my 31’ axle. As I understand it, a like for like would be great of course, though also the later D shape axle CWP can be machined to fit. With that in mind all options will be gratefully considered. 

Many thanks. 
Brice.

Print this item

750mc at mallory
Posted by: Tony Betts - 10-10-2021, 07:40 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

What a beautiful day at mallory with the 750mc.

30 to 40 cars for the parade.

A good mix, something for everyone.

Miss green was in stunning form with a new lap record, and blowing the field away

Print this item

Unusual Spanner
Posted by: Robert Foreman - 10-10-2021, 03:31 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

I recently was given a box of old spanners, mostly unwieldy heavy ring spanners and box sockets. This unusual spanner was amongst them and I have no idea what it is for. Does anyone have any idea?

Print this item

Centenary Bookings
Posted by: Martin Prior - 10-10-2021, 01:14 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (113)

I've just received notification that the online booking system will open at 00:01 tomorrow morning.

It's worth looking at the form in advance, as it runs to 15 pages.  

There are repeated warnings that once completed and paid, nothing can be changed.  It's not clear, but I'm assuming that this only applies to accommodation - 9 months out, I can't be certain that the cars that I bring - our indeed the people - will be the those that I'm currently anticipating.

I shall have to get busy tomorrow morning!

Print this item

Edwardian photo +
Posted by: Duncan Grimmond - 10-10-2021, 10:44 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Perhaps I've been unobservant but today is the first time I noticed the advert on the rear page of the Observer. An Edwardian scene with a modern bus transplanted into it. The shape of the radiator on the three-wheeler in front caught my eye and though obviously not an Austin it looked a bit BSA. However it's not a FWD model and though the wings are similar the scuttle mounted headlights and off-side mount for the spare wheel is not as expected this is a strange three-wheeler. Are any of the number-plate boffins and  historians able to identify the car? Is that number PC 374 ?Could the pic be enhanced by our friendly photoshop master?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Broken kingpin
Posted by: Peter Naulls - 09-10-2021, 09:13 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (12)

An unwelcome explanation of my wandery steering ... and I was hoping it was just a flat tyre!

Print this item

DISMANTLING NIPPY FRONT SCREEN
Posted by: Rpm - 09-10-2021, 03:38 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

Hi all, How difficult is it to remove the glass from a Nippy frame? I will need to remove and take the whole frame for chroming at some stage, probably over the winter months.
Also, do any Nippy owners have pics of the chrome bolts that secure the frame to the body at the sides?
Regards RPM

Print this item