The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rubber Seals.
Hi Folks, Im looking for some rubber or leather washers that fit between the
Door Handle and Door Panel on the 1932 RP Box, as a Seal.
Has anybody managed to find these with any of the suppliers,?  Smile

Smiley
I would get some old leather (I am using up an old briefcase) and make some.
Cannot say this is authentic for our Austin’s but on my Ruby I purchased some 1.5mm thick neoprene sheets 100x100 mm thick and used this for the door handles and also on the headlamps and side lights and whilst my memory fails me I am sure it was used in other areas too.
From T&P Supplies Ltd, BL2 4JR, rest assured I have no connection with this company.
Denis S
Thank you Malcolm & Denis for your replies. I will have to have a scout around and see what I can find.

Smiley Undecided
(15-10-2021, 07:47 PM)Denis Sweeney Wrote: Cannot say this is authentic for our Austin’s but on my Ruby I purchased some 1.5mm thick neoprene sheets 100x100 mm thick and used this for the door handles and also on the headlamps and side lights and whilst my memory fails me I am sure it was used in other areas too.
From T&P Supplies Ltd, BL2 4JR, rest assured I have no connection with this company.
Denis S

Old "plastic/nylon or whatever they are made from" ice cream tubs provide a useful material for making washers etc for between moving parts to save wear and also probably to seal?

Dennis.
I cut pieces out of an old inner tube.
The neoprene, being black in colour, is quite tidy between the bright metal and my Dove Grey bodywork, also works well under the lights on the black wings. But that’s a very personal opinion.
I favour old leather, well greased and smelly!
I save old inner tubes for things things like this. I also use old conveyor belting and neoprene sheet but I've found even well-soaked-in-oil leather has a tendency to harden and crack.
Woolies Trim also does various thicknesses of rubber strip which is very useful.
Not having the originals, I used brown leather from one of wifey’s old handbags under the bonnet to fix the wiring loom etc to the bulk head, worked very well and looks good too.