The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,079
» Latest member: justbackdated
» Forum threads: 7,901
» Forum posts: 95,635

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
RH Insurance Agreed Value
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: cwchrisp
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 158
Zenith 26VA question
Last Post: Hurvinek
10 hours ago
» Views: 76
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Malcolm Parker
Yesterday, 06:31 PM
» Replies: 6,004
» Views: 1,354,101
Clutch pedal adjustment
Last Post: Colin Wilks
Yesterday, 04:40 PM
» Views: 99
I ain't got nobody - Loui...
Last Post: Ivor Hawkins
Yesterday, 03:04 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 434
rebuilt engine leaking oi...
Last Post: goodwoodweirdo
07-05-2024, 03:48 PM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 1,139
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: prithvitagore
07-05-2024, 05:59 AM
» Replies: 112
» Views: 4,244
Engine mounting torque
Last Post: AustinWood
06-05-2024, 11:01 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 155
Babbit or White Metal Bea...
Last Post: `Gordonhbm
06-05-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 255
Manifold Stud Sealing
Last Post: John Cornforth
06-05-2024, 07:29 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 205

Question A7 route from Amsterdam to Italy...
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 18-08-2017, 09:14 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (19)

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has arrived in Amsterdam and then driven their Seven southwards please.

I am considering this port as an arrival point for an upcoming tour in the Austin and would appreciate some first hand knowledge of the smaller roads around this area - I have been told that it is a busy place and I do not want to end up on dual carriageways and motorways.

Print this item

Struggling to log on?
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 18-08-2017, 08:43 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

A small number of users have contacted me as they were struggling to log on - should anyone else reading this be in the same situation please drop me a line to say so at:

dunford1@aol.com

and I will attempt to get it all working for you.

Print this item

This could have ended badly
Posted by: Mark McKibbin - 18-08-2017, 05:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Just removed the drop arm from a late model steering box, the crack is not visible from the outside and would be difficult to see with the drag link attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Thumbs Up 300th registered user!
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 17-08-2017, 09:04 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Congratulations and welcome to Rod H - our 300th registered user!

Print this item

Posting images on the new forum
Posted by: Timothy P - 17-08-2017, 08:37 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

The forum now has 'In house' image hosting, so that means no need for photobucket, postimage, flickr etc.
It also means that images won't disappear when a third party decides to change it's policies.

-Maximum file size is 4096 kilobytes
-If 2 images are to be posted, they must have different file names. This can be a common problem for Ipad users, and is due to the way that the Ipad stores it's images. A work around for this eventuality is included in the second post, below.

Once you have got to the reply screen below the typing box there is a blue header that says attachments. 
1: Next to where it says new attachment click 'choose file' then select the picture you want and click open.  It will put the file name next to the choose file button
2: Now click the 'Add Attachment' button to the right hand side of the attachment box. It will take a moment to upload, once done the page will refresh and it will appear in the attachments box below the choose file button. There will also be 2 new buttons parallel 'remove' and 'Insert into post'.
3: Click 'Insert into post' (Again on the right hand side of the attachments box next to the file name in question). This will insert square brackets with attachment=number in your reply box. (NOTE: this step is important as it puts the picture in with the text rather than in a separate 'attachments' box", below the post)
This [attachment=number] image code will appear where you have the cursor at the time. Once you have the [attachment=number] you can copy and paste it anywhere in the post to make sure it appears where you want it, so do not worry if it is not in the right place first off.
4: Make sure the code is on a separate line to your typing or you will get a stray bit of text next to the picture making the text difficult to follow. Putting a clear line in between as below makes it quite clean.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=56]    

Now for the second image, simply repeat steps 1 and 2. You will note that there is now another file added to the attachment box below the first. Now repeat steps 3 & 4 ensuring you click the button parallel to the second file. You now have an [attachment=number+1] in your reply box.

Note: If you experience an error after attempting to upload your second image, then this is usually down to both files having the same name. Due to the way the Ipad stores its photos, this problem is particularly common for Ipad users. A 'workaround' is included in the post below.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=57]    

Repeat for further images.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=58]

Click preview post to check how your post will appear. If all is well, scroll down and 'post thread'.

Users can try out posting images HERE
All the best, and happy posting.

Print this item

Complete Hydraulic Brake Setup (For Exchange)
Posted by: RupertW - 17-08-2017, 08:32 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (3)

I would like to convert the hydraulic brakes on my 1934 box saloon back to the original cable brakes, and so I am ideally looking to exchange the complete hydraulic setup (including axles) for a serviceable set of conventional cable braked axles. 

The current braking setup is primarily based on Morris 1000 components (Master and front slave cylinders), with Austin A40 (I think) cylinders on the rear. The front axle has Ruby radius arms, and I'd presume that the axles are of Ruby origin as they have the removable back plates. All of the braking components would need careful inspection and renovation prior to being fitted - the rear brakes are not currently functioning as they should. 

The car has been in very regular use until the aforementioned issue with the rear brakes, with no untoward noises from the rear axle. I did have the axle apart a while back while replacing an oil seal, and as far as I remember it was showing the usual signs of wear, and one of the hubs is certainly what might be described as 'manky'. You'd certainly want to give the axle a thorough inspection prior to fitting, so I won't pretend it'd be a straight swap!   

I am not looking to sell the axles outright at this point as I don't want to be left with a car without any axles. However, if anyone has a set of standard axles to sell I would be interested to hear from you. 

The car's primarily based in Wiltshire, but I'm mostly in Warwickshire if you want an idea of location(s).

Any queries please just send me a message or reply to the thread - I've attached a picture of the front brake assembly to be getting on with, but more to follow...

Print this item

Removing Block whilst in car
Posted by: awentsbury - 17-08-2017, 08:05 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

I have a 1933 box saloon that has been off the road since 1991, 26 years ago .
I think the engine was rebuilt but although it goes like a rocket it does smoke a bit from the valve chest .
I think some rings must be stuck on one cylinder , probably the valves were open on that one during its long rest.
I have tried a few remedies but think the block needs to come off to cure the problem for sure.
Has anyone taken the block off a box saloon with the engine still in the car ??
I dont realy want to take the engine out unless I have to but it may be quicker in the long run.
I am hoping to sell the car but I need to sort out the problem first , unless someone wants to buy the car for £6500 and do the job themselves.
Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

A7 single seater in unusual surroundings
Posted by: Stuart Giles - 17-08-2017, 04:34 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

At a recent car rally I visited a "wall of death" show. As well as the 'usual suspect'  1920s Indian Motorcycles these chaps seem to favour for doing tricks whilst riding to the top of the wall, there was an A7 single seater in use as well.

[Image: 36233199930_47d4fba50d_z.jpg]

Here it is starting its run up the wall.

[Image: 36460671152_26759ba0ba_z.jpg]

Sorry for the poor quality photos; they were snapped with my phone.

Anyone recognise this car from a past life? Couldn't see whether it was still A7 powered or not.

Print this item

Period photos
Posted by: Mike Costigan - 17-08-2017, 11:20 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (99)

I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread on period photos; I have quite a few, many of which have probably never been seen by others, but I don't want this to be my thread - please feel free to add your own pics!

I'll start off with a couple of shots of a 1926 R-Type saloon ON 9354, probably taken when almost new:

.jpg   1926 Austin 7 01.jpg (Size: 140.76 KB / Downloads: 1690)

.jpg   1926 Austin 7 ON 9354.jpg (Size: 188.98 KB / Downloads: 1682)

Print this item

Silverstone 750 MC 19-08-2017
Posted by: DavidB - 17-08-2017, 07:58 AM - Forum: Events - No Replies

Date: 19-08-2017

Silverstone 750 MC

The 750 motor club are racing at Silverstone there is also an Austin 7  Display and parade lap.

Print this item