The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP Door Card
I have an early RN (1931) here just now - that has the oval plates riveted on the outside as Stuart notes. I believe RPs are covered over as in the photos above.
I had an idea that the earlier cars had them on the outside of the door cards but wasn't able to swear to it so kept schtum..
The one here does - but I am in danger of breaking my self-imposed rule, to never be definitive, when it comes to Austin Sevens...
My long ago sold RP had them fitted on the outside of the door card. Never knew whether that was 'correct' or not but it did seem more logical.

Steve
When using birch 3 ply it helps to have the outer grains running vertically.
Photo 
Here's a pic of a panel from an unmolested car

(01-03-2018, 01:42 AM)Pearls not a Singer Wrote: Here's a pic of a panel from an unmolested car

David,

My window winder mechanism has a narrow piece along the top that the card tucks under, in your picture yours appears to be about 1.5” deep and includes somewhere to attach the door pull handle.
Does this mean mine is off a different model and does it make a difference.

Mine is like the picture sent by RR of the brown door.

Roger
Roger, I believe that the "De-Luxe" RP saloon had a metal trim across the top of the door card which I think originally was in wood effect or "scumble". My car doesn't have them but my door cards are non original so I can't say whether the "Standard" saloons were sold with or without the trims. It is how it was when I acquired the car 35 or so years ago. I don't think there's any difference in height of the standard or de-luxe door cards, the metal trim just fits on top.

The "Standard" RP saloon door card does not have the carpet at the bottom and just a pleated pocket in the middle, without the other two on either side.