The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
How far away are you, Robert? Perhaps just come for one day?
There is a large C&CC campsite in Moreton in Marsh that advertises itself as being dog friendly

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites...club-site/
its a 180 mile round trip thats why I wanted to stay for the whole event ,so please I will just have to let it go now . Everything is in place now for the event and thats set in stone but thank you to all for trying to think of a solution best regarfd Rob.
October 1st, came from our club secretary. When I opened the booking site it said 5th October. When I tried on 5th, it said 11th October. As I need three double rooms, I wanted to be sure of securing my booking. I will just have to wait.
John
Since everybody and thier  auntie have commented, I thought  I’d add my penn’orth.
As spectator or entrant at any venue under ACU or MSUK speed event regs, dogs are banned. Turning up at Shelsley last week for Eight Hills or at the Lawns for Ian Grace’s big gathering, dogs are allowed. For trials dogs are usually allowed, except in the lambing season when farmers understandably do not want them. Some NT or Cadw venues allow dogs into their gardens or roofless castles, some do not, Victorian carpets and Tudor tapestries are generally considered too delicate for canine visitors. There is a stately home not far from Abergavenny which, on the days it is open to the public, assumes most visitors will have dogs. Some pubs welcome dogs, the Bell at Wiveton or the Crown at Pantigelli tend to have doggie treats on the bar. Wetherspoons has always banned dogs, just one of the many reasons why this bearded Austin Seven owner would never set foot in one of Tim Martin’s pubs.
When making that life changing course to become a dog owner, there will constraints as well as opportunities. As an event organiser, one wants to offer as wide a range of opportunities as possible, whilst respecting the constraints imposed by venue owners, bodies issuing permits or sometimes local licensing boards. The centenary team made it clear from the beginning that the venue owners would not allow dogs. Other sites might have had other restrictions, everyone silent and in their tents by 10.00 pm, or no work allowed on cars. 
I will not be able to manage more than a day time visit to the main site, but as the fee also includes the extraordinary display of competition machines day at Prescott, I reckon the cost is remarkably good value. Well done organisers! Now all I have to do is complete a certain car in time for its 98th birthday, so it can go and see its older brothers and sisters.
John Williams - What booking site is this? I haven't found one! The last email that I had from the organisers (29th Sept) just said that the September opening date for the site was going to be delayed for an unspecified period.
On a slightly different thread, are the rooms at the Fire Station College going to be reserved for Austin 7 owners who have a car on display at the Centenary Rally, or are they available to anyone who would like to go?
"everybody and their Auntie commenting"

It all seems very strange to me, all this talk of dogs on a forum that's nothing to do with dogs.

In my ideal world dogs would not exist. They seem to have no function, no advantage, and the disadvantages are many. They bite me from time to time. They jump up and put muddy marks on my clothes. And they leave dog muck for me to stand in, sit on, and lie on.

So yes let's make all events dog free please.

Unfortunately I'm not likely to benefit from the situation at Moreton in Marsh. It's too far for the seven. It's a long way in the modern for just one day. And to stay the week gets expensive.
I do not know how many threads you read on this forum Andrew, but there have been many subjects talked about on this site that have had nothing whatsoever to do with Austin sevens, I like many of our members have collections of vintage and classic ,and a collection of vintage guitars and I am sure that if I asked for help or advise on another make of car or an old guitar not A one of our members would tell me to go away because they hate the sound music , as for your comments about dogs I will leave that Rant for others to judge regards to all Rob
(07-10-2021, 01:09 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: "everybody and their Auntie commenting"

It all seems very strange to me, all this talk of dogs on a forum that's nothing to do with dogs.

In my ideal world dogs would not exist. They seem to have no function, no advantage, and the disadvantages are many. They bite me from time to time. They jump up and put muddy marks on my clothes. And they leave dog muck for me to stand in, sit on, and lie on.

So yes let's make all events dog free please.

Unfortunately I'm not likely to benefit from the situation at Moreton in Marsh. It's too far for the seven. It's a long way in the modern for just one day. And to stay the week gets expensive.

I often say, quite truthfully, that I prefer the company of dogs and horses to any human.