The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
just got the earth shattering news that I cannot take my two pet dogs to the centenary event, I was going to stay for the whole event but now  there is no way I can attend.  Am I the only one with plans to go but find that is no longer going to be possible because of the no pets rule imposed , surely this is going to exclude a large number of seven owners from the event regards to all Rob.
+1, with 2 dogs
It was a "no dogs" policy from the word go, as the Fire service college use the site for training their dogs.
Yes this was on my to do list, but not without my spanial Walter, do not understand the rule,well behaved dogs are welcome everywhere else.
On behalf of the organising team I can say that we entirely understand that some people cannot be parted from their pets even for a few days. 

Unfortunately we have no control over the fact that the Fire Service College trains dogs for a variety of extremely sensitive tasks and they will not allow other dogs/pets on site - except for helper/guide dogs where necessary.

For those who cannot or will not be able to organise kennels/friends etc to look after their pets, we are sorry but we cannot bend the rules and must very regretably accept that you will have to miss this once in a lifetime event.

This restriction has been very clearly flagged on the event website and in communications since we first started publicising the Centenary Event.
I will not be attending either but nothing to do with dogs. I do sympathies with dog owners but as previously pointed out this was made clear at the outset. I don’t believe it is a condition imposed by the organisers but by the owners of the property The Fire Service Collage.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
John - not sure if that is a typo in your comment. The rule about 'no pets' absolutely is a requirement of the Fire Service College. It is not something the organising team has dreamed up.
Yes, I know it was no dogs from the outset and understand why that's why I decided not to put our 2 rescues back from where they came from (in kennels)
Nothing to do with dogs, but I have been trying to access the booking site; first book in date given 1st October. then changed to 5th October, now appears to be 11th  October. Has anybody managed to book in yet?
John
John - Bookings are not yet open and no date has ever been set for them to open. I do not know where you have seen the dates you mention. We were aiming to open in September but some last minute issues cropped up so there is a delay. Subscribers to the Centenary Event news emails (see event website) will be the first to be told the date on which bookings will open.