The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
no pets allowed at centenary event - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: no pets allowed at centenary event (/showthread.php?tid=6703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

no pets allowed at centenary event - robert regan - 04-10-2021

just got the earth shattering news that I cannot take my two pet dogs to the centenary event, I was going to stay for the whole event but now  there is no way I can attend.  Am I the only one with plans to go but find that is no longer going to be possible because of the no pets rule imposed , surely this is going to exclude a large number of seven owners from the event regards to all Rob.

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - Nigel Ricardo - 04-10-2021

+1, with 2 dogs

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - Reckless Rat - 04-10-2021

It was a "no dogs" policy from the word go, as the Fire service college use the site for training their dogs.

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - Pjkpjk - 04-10-2021

Yes this was on my to do list, but not without my spanial Walter, do not understand the rule,well behaved dogs are welcome everywhere else.

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - Nick Salmon - 04-10-2021

On behalf of the organising team I can say that we entirely understand that some people cannot be parted from their pets even for a few days. 

Unfortunately we have no control over the fact that the Fire Service College trains dogs for a variety of extremely sensitive tasks and they will not allow other dogs/pets on site - except for helper/guide dogs where necessary.

For those who cannot or will not be able to organise kennels/friends etc to look after their pets, we are sorry but we cannot bend the rules and must very regretably accept that you will have to miss this once in a lifetime event.

This restriction has been very clearly flagged on the event website and in communications since we first started publicising the Centenary Event.

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - John Mason - 04-10-2021

I will not be attending either but nothing to do with dogs. I do sympathies with dog owners but as previously pointed out this was made clear at the outset. I don’t believe it is a condition imposed by the organisers but by the owners of the property The Fire Service Collage.

John Mason

John - not sure if that is a typo in your comment. The rule about 'no pets' absolutely is a requirement of the Fire Service College. It is not something the organising team has dreamed up.

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - Nigel Ricardo - 04-10-2021

Yes, I know it was no dogs from the outset and understand why that's why I decided not to put our 2 rescues back from where they came from (in kennels)

RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - john williams - 04-10-2021

Nothing to do with dogs, but I have been trying to access the booking site; first book in date given 1st October. then changed to 5th October, now appears to be 11th  October. Has anybody managed to book in yet?
John

John - Bookings are not yet open and no date has ever been set for them to open. I do not know where you have seen the dates you mention. We were aiming to open in September but some last minute issues cropped up so there is a delay. Subscribers to the Centenary Event news emails (see event website) will be the first to be told the date on which bookings will open.