The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with a Facebook troll
Austin Ruby Saloon...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Colin - I'm interested in the image you have posted. Can you give me a little info on its origins, please? Is it a Spanish Austin sales brochure?
This is the one - there is more information, in Spanish, on the reverse...

https://en.todocoleccion.net/catalogs-ca...~x94558656
Models for hot countries didn't need a starting handle, but the bonnet script had to be deleted in the interests of airflow. Still RHD of course, there are limits to how far we would go to pander to foreign tastes.
(08-06-2021, 06:56 PM)Archivist Wrote: Colin - I'm interested in the image you have posted. Can you give me a little info on its origins, please? Is it a Spanish Austin sales brochure?
And another: https://en.todocoleccion.net/catalogs-ca...re_el_lote
Well, that is really annoying. Someone esle has bought the Spanish Ruby piece that John had found in the meantime. That has really upset me..

Thanks for the pointer to the other one, Tony, but at €80, whoever bought the Ruby piece, can have that one as well...

Hugh
(09-06-2021, 07:06 AM)Archivist Wrote: Well, that is really annoying. Someone esle has bought the Spanish Ruby piece that John had found in the meantime. That has really upset me..

Thanks for the pointer to the other one, Tony, but at €80, whoever bought the Ruby piece, can have that one as well...

Hugh

That's a shame; the Ruby piece was only €12, I nearly bought it on your behalf Hugh  Sad
Perhaps whoever bought it will donate it to the Archive? It seemed to sell a few minutes after the link was put on here.
I was on a Centenary planning call all evening, which meant I didn't see anything until this morning, by which time it was too late.
(09-06-2021, 07:06 AM)Archivist Wrote: Well, that is really annoying. Someone esle has bought the Spanish Ruby piece that John had found in the meantime. That has really upset me..

Hugh
Not to worry, I jumped in quick and bought it for you - all I have to do now is negotiate the tortuous method of paying for it and it will be in A7CA hands ASAP.
OK, having waded through the treacle-like process of paying for it (with fees, etc. the price doubled) it should now be on its way. Another rare gem that I'm delighted to be able donate to the Archive collection.