The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with a Facebook troll
Thank you Tony, that has made me considerably less grumpy than I was earlier (did it show?) And Mike Costigan took pity on my grumpy state and haggled with the owner of the other brochure, which is now also on its way to live happily ever after in the Archive. I thank you both for your efforts...
What a brilliant result and a wonderful gesture by both Tony and Mike.
(09-06-2021, 01:03 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: What a brilliant result and a wonderful gesture by both Tony and Mike.

I've put a search on the Spanish website for anything Austin related - so let us all hope that more gems emerge.
Well done Tony! Very good of you to do that.

There you are Hugh - from darkness comes light and all's right with the world once more.  Smile
Thank goodness for such a kind gesture Tony. I dare to ring Hugh up now once again.
How about a German one?

Attached Files
.jpg   Dixi Brochure.jpg (Size: 113.95 KB / Downloads: 129)

.pdf   IMG_20210609_0002_NEW.pdf (Size: 769.5 KB / Downloads: 20)

...or perhaps a Swiss one!
As I have tried to make clear for a while now, I am actively pursuing a path of acquisition when appropriate materials come available. If you do come across anything you think suitable for addition to the Archive, it would be really helpful if you could drop a note to the Archivist letting me know where it can be purchased. I got out of jail last evening as a result of the thoughtfulness of others, but that won't always be the case..

thanks..

Hugh
American Austin brochure - this looks interesting - but I can't see one for sale at the moment, nor the Dixi, sorry.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/v...1781372514

Attached Files
.jpg   American Austin Brochure.jpg (Size: 59.46 KB / Downloads: 98)
.jpg   American Austin Brochure 2.jpg (Size: 72.13 KB / Downloads: 97)