The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
All my cars have LEDs, well those that have lights do, and although I met Ian Anderson on a train one night I didn’t have the heat to tell him I preferred Louis Armstrong.
Alan Fairless
Alan,

My father’s passport from around 1965 - it caused a lot of raised eyebrows as he travelled back and forward across the Atlantic…

.jpeg   C2DB25DF-7803-4F46-9B19-36BC72E84369.jpeg (Size: 126.85 KB / Downloads: 349)
(31-12-2023, 01:07 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I suppose I ought to “get with the programme” but like Ian Anderson, I’m living in the past…

Could be worse, you might be Thick As A Brick.

I’ll get my coat…….
No problem with an RN with incandescent headlamps, LED rear lights and a vacuum wiper motor      it works perfectly with new cup washers.
I’m intrigued

(31-12-2023, 03:26 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Alan,

My father’s passport from around 1965 - it caused a lot of raised eyebrows as he travelled back and forward across the Atlantic…
Alan Fairless
If this weather keeps up
We might need an Aqualung !!
Alan,

The ship Ian was working on go frozen in the St Lawrence River, they walked over the ice to a bar where he was playing.

The only thing he had on him for an autograph was his passport.  For some years his spouse was Louis Armstrong.
(31-12-2023, 06:06 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: No problem with an RN with incandescent headlamps, LED rear lights and a vacuum wiper motor   it works perfectly with new cup washers.

Me, too. No problem with projector-type LED headlamps bulbs, LED rear lights, 12-volt LED indicators powered from a small 12-volt battery - and a suction pump driving the vacuum wiper!
What I have noticed with the headlamps - and it's a 'blindingly' obvious thing I suppose - but the one car with clear glass headlamps and these bulbs has a spot-on beam pattern. Two others have textured glasses, and the one with the roughest texture has almost no beam pattern at all.
Brilliant thread drift!

Next I’ll start the hunt for 6 volt LEDs, I have the old Seven Workshop Honda conversion reflectors, so I better whip the bulbs out and have a look.
Ivor

You may want to wait for the next Association Grey Mag (due out early January). There is an article on LEDs which might be useful!

Cheers

Howard