The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(30-12-2023, 04:17 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Sorry no photos today but had a run out in the RP. Nice and sunny down here. Roads dry and the air very clear. From a vantage point between Portes and Peyremale I could see all the way over to the Rhône valley and beyond. I could see Mont Ventoux and the snow capped peaks of the Alps beyond it. I reckon Mont Ventoux is about 100km as a French Corbeau flies from where I was, (as long as it hadn't been on the Pastis).

Happy Hogmanay everyone. Don't drink and drive - here's a salutary warning to all:

Be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to the New Year and Police are out there checking on people. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing led to another and I had a few too many cocktails and then went onto the wine. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car at the pub and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint, where they were pulling over drivers and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a double decker before and I am not even sure where I got it from.

Smile

Ho! bl**dy Ho!
High Street, Dorking. Trying to avoid M25 closure traffic this evening.

Let my son-in-law and the middle grandson drive the Ulster. They appeared to both enjoy it, more than somewhat. They have a pretty full-on racing simulator at home and the other day dad spent an hour learning Suzuka; now, he's no slouch - he can always beat me when we go karting - but when his son tried Suzuka - having never seen it before - after just two laps was a full second quicker. Ah! the advantage of being just 15.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(31-12-2023, 12:14 AM)Henry Harris Wrote: High Street, Dorking. Trying to avoid M25 closure traffic this evening.

Crikey! Night time, lights on, wiper going and no discharge on the ammeter! Smile
Probably LEDs, wonderful invention even if they do get you banned from the Measham.
I'm all LED on the RP. It's a pleasure driving at night, no worries about discharge and it allows you to turn down the dynamo output to lessen the load.
I suppose I ought to “get with the programme” but like Ian Anderson, I’m living in the past…
In the old days, Ivor if you were driving in weather like in Henry's photo you'd have to make a choice. Headlamps or Windscreen wiper, but probably not both... the only non LED light on my car now is the dashboard light. I just haven't got around to changing it yet. (and I've got that Jethro Tull LP as well, although I prefer "Aqualung"!)
I’m a bit of a Jethro Tull fan too, although my favourite track is “To Old to Rock and Roll” . And yes, I prefer incandescent bulbs despite the continuous discharge showing on the ammeter. If one has a well charged battery, one can have both headlamps and wipers, at least for an hour or so.
(31-12-2023, 10:51 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote:
(31-12-2023, 12:14 AM)Henry Harris Wrote: High Street, Dorking. Trying to avoid M25 closure traffic this evening.

Crikey! Night time, lights on, wiper going and no discharge on the ammeter! Smile

12volt, All LEDs, Rainex and hand cranked vacuum wiper.