The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(01-07-2019, 06:22 PM)Paul Nott Wrote: ... Does any one know if this is indeed a repairers stamp or was it supplied new like this (1927).

As far as I am aware, Austin made all their radiators 'in house', so this would indicate a subsequent repair.
A marvellous old film regularly surfaces showing the Austin manufacture of radiators in the 1930s. The speed at which surfaces are tinned is astonishing as is the genral exposure to lead and fumes. Someone may have a link.
Austin appeared to source their radiators form several contractors in the early days, Coventry and Serck being the most common that you find. I am not sure the exact date Austin brought all radiator manufacturing in house but suspect late 1920's
Black Art Enthusiast
I didn't realise that, Ian. That probably suggests that the in-house manufacture came with Englebach's reorganisation of the factory in 1927.
Agreed Mike that seems to tie in nicely with the radiator cores I have had pass through my hands
Black Art Enthusiast
Scrubbed up the Special ready for National A7 Rally at Beaulieu this weekend. Very much looking forward to all the fun, and meeting up with many friends. Safe journeys, everyone.

.jpg   _DSC2341sm.jpg (Size: 536.27 KB / Downloads: 264)

.jpg   _DSC2335-2sm.jpg (Size: 266.13 KB / Downloads: 268)
It being FG's 86th birthday today (it was first registered on 4th July 1933) I took it on a run to Porthmadog and back this evening.
(30-06-2019, 09:58 PM)DAdrian Payne Wrote: Decided that the badly repaired CAV DFL dynamo rear casting had to be replaced.

So I created a 3D model

And then CNC machined it out of solid stock.

Dynamo now fully built and very happy with the results.
Adrian.

Smart. I manullaly machined one out of a lump.
Smarter still would be a 3D printed wax model and investment casting.

C
Nowadays you could probably skip the intermediate step and simply 3D print it. If you have the budget...
Huge job today, the sun was shining and I could not bring myself to get all oily with the jobs I really need to do so I fitted the little Union Jack to the special.  Think I might have to put my feet up now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark