The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I once took the RP to a show in Sheffield where Lord Riverdale and his Sheffield Simplex were present. He was sitting in the passenger seat and I asked him if he still drove the car ( he was 95 at the time) to which he replied, "No, I let the young fool do that nowadays", referring to his son, who was 75...

Young fool.

I like that. I might change my username!
Come on, Come on, you lot.  If you really want to do it, you can.  I have at 82, just crawled out from under the 
RP after removing and re-fitting (after servicing) both rear Shockers.  Probably took a little longer than the younger
folk but it can be done. Big Grin Big Grin
Yes, Steve, I recall the sign. If memory serves me aright it was on the Aberystwyth/ Cardigan road just south of Blaenplwyf and ah been there for many years - probably since the sixties. The piece of wall that it was written on was acquired by Cadw and I understand that the damage has since been repaired, although I haven't been down that way for a couple of years.

The way that Westminster used  Welsh lands with little regard for the local population has gone down badly over the many years that it took place. Unlike the construction of the Lake Vyrnwy dam, when Liverpool rebuilt the village beyond the confines of the dam, subsequent acquisitions of land for various purposes were undertaken with little regard for the local inhabitants. Mynydd Epynt was such an example, when the MOD acquired the land and displaced the indigenous hill farmers so that the army could have a practice range. Similarly, with the Tryweryn valley, the dam flooded the village of Capel Celyn, which, incidentally, had the first Quaker meetinghouse in Wales. to provide water to Birkenhead in the face of fierce local opposition.
Having studied that very car yesterday at Sandbeck Hall, I don't blame his Lordship! Accelerator operated by twisting the foot sideways, and a combined clutch and brake pedal (halfway down to operate the clutch, and then just keep pushing for the brake - how does that work in hilly terrain?) ... no, thanks!
Having stripped, cleaned and reassembled the carb on the Chummy and found that the process made the car much more responsive, We decided to venture out in the sunshine on a 30 mile round trip to buy some bits. All was going well initially, but about 4 miles from home the power diminished and we had to pull over. We’re thinking “blocked jet”. Not a good time to discover that the jet key is still in the garage! No option but to call the brother in law to take me home to get the trailer. It was the compensating jet, cleared with the air line. What’s the general view about fitting in line filters. Alan
"What’s the general view about fitting in line filters. Alan "

I wouldn't leave home without one!

(30-06-2019, 08:52 PM)Smiley Wrote: Come on, Come on, you lot.  If you really want to do it, you can.  I have at 82, just crawled out from under the 
RP after removing and re-fitting (after servicing) both rear Shockers.  Probably took a little longer than the younger
folk but it can be done. Big Grin Big Grin

I look forward to being as fit as you in twelve years time! We shall see......
Decided that the badly repaired CAV DFL dynamo rear casting had to be replaced.

So I created a 3D model

.png   model.PNG (Size: 178.31 KB / Downloads: 242)
And then CNC machined it out of solid stock.

Dynamo now fully built and very happy with the results.
Adrian.
How did you create the 3 D model,Adrian ?
Most of these I have seen are either cracked, broken or,worn where the bearing fits.To be expected at 85 year old I suppose.
"What’s the general view about fitting in line filters. Alan"

I use one of these:

.jpg   298090.jpg (Size: 5.69 KB / Downloads: 226)

150 Micron filter, designed for systems without a fuel pump ( I have a gravity feed system), Briggs and Stratton part number 298090S, 5 quid or so online.

Stops all the chunks reaching the carb but you will need a bit of 1/4" rubber fuel line to put it in somewhere. Clean it out every spring.

Solved all my problems!

P.S. Don't use filters that are designed to be used with a fuel pump, on gravity systems because they cause fuel starvation...…..
Awesome work there Adrian.