The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(07-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Steve Parkin Wrote: Ruairidh, I see your trip had a Pear Cabriolet first registered in Portsmouth - RV 8578  

Greetings from RV 2811 known as "Harvey". See my post above.

I managed to get a copy of the original hand-written register for Harvey from Hampshire County Council records. The pages I have don't go far enough for RV 8578 but I think it's likely they are available.

Yes, what did I do? I added another Austin Seven to my collection! Smile  Obviously, I'm a lunatic...  Tongue

Before:

After:

With a space like that in the garage, what else could you do?  Big Grin
I’m Green with envy….

Both for the cars and garage space!

Cheers

Howard
(13-05-2023, 08:42 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: I’m Green with envy….

Cheers

Howard

Hmm... I agree wholeheartedly. I suspect the garage is a tad bigger than mine, but the space is full of every conceivable part, including a shiny new oil pressure pipe thanks to Ruairidh, Colin D and the advice on silver solder. 

Colin's suggestion for the flat ended nipple was a good one,  they seem hard to find, so the obvious thing to do is to file a tapered one. This isn't easy as they are small and easily crushed, but if you chuck it carefully in a drill and press it against a metal file, it all works rather well. There's a spigot on the back of the gauge and it was necessary to run a small drill into the end of the nipple to clear it... so the drill bit was clamped in the vice and the chucked nipple lowered onto it.

Oh... and who knew there used to be a tiny cork washer in the joint? I now have a tiny leather one courtesy of some tiny wad punches I nearly didn't keep.

.jpg   Screenshot_20230513-085927_Gallery.jpg (Size: 155.22 KB / Downloads: 417)

.jpg   Screenshot_20230513-090936_Gallery.jpg (Size: 196 KB / Downloads: 415)
Hi All

So looking forward to our first weekend away this year, ‘The Midlands A7 rally at Charlecote Park’ is on Sunday but we’re heading off to Chipping Norton on Friday seeing our family in Oxford on Saturday.

Got the tent and trailer out and gave the Brookfields a good test drive to ‘Water break it’s neck’ about 15 or so miles from us.  

Couldn’t get near the waterfall as ‘Ash dieback’ has infected all the local trees making the deep gully leading to the waterfall unsafe. It was cordoned off with fencing and dire warning signs.

Still managed a walk up the valley towards ‘Great Ross’ the highest peak in Radnor Forest.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3759.jpeg (Size: 169.67 KB / Downloads: 317)
You have a very cool looking car, Howard! I like it. Cool
Thank you Hurvinek

Forever the self publicist, here’s the thread detailing its build  Big Grin

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...s#pid31903

Cheers

Howard
(13-05-2023, 09:03 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(13-05-2023, 08:42 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: I’m Green with envy….

Cheers

Howard

Hmm... I agree wholeheartedly. I suspect the garage is a tad bigger than mine, but the space is full of every conceivable part, including a shiny new oil pressure pipe thanks to Ruairidh, Colin D and the advice on silver solder. 

Colin's suggestion for the flat ended nipple was a good one,  they seem hard to find, so the obvious thing to do is to file a tapered one. This isn't easy as they are small and easily crushed, but if you chuck it carefully in a drill and press it against a metal file, it all works rather well. There's a spigot on the back of the gauge and it was necessary to run a small drill into the end of the nipple to clear it... so the drill bit was clamped in the vice and the chucked nipple lowered onto it.

Oh... and who knew there used to be a tiny cork washer in the joint? I now have a tiny leather one courtesy of some tiny wad punches I nearly didn't keep.

Thanks for the detail of the assembly; I was not aware of the need for a little cork/leather washer. Now I know why the joint on Anne's Ruby's oil pressure gauge weeps slightly.
quote="Tony Griffiths"
Thanks for the detail of the assembly; I was not aware of the need for a little cork/leather washer. Now I know why the joint on Anne's Ruby's oil pressure gauge weeps slightly.

It's good to know the information is useful... I also had a tiny weep on my Ruby a few years back...

I cut about 20 tiny washers if anyone wants one or some?