The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Back to the Wolseley Eight.....I had only ever seen one and that is at Lord Nuffield's home. I then discovered that my 19 47 Rover12 tourer had the distributor from one! It's Lucas pat number was one different from the correct Rover unit! Some previous owner must have thought...only one number different - that should work! Well, it rotated the same way!
Amazingly I found a correct unused one, it made a significant improvement☺
Anyone need a Wolseley Eight distributor? I don't think it will suit a Seven, but you needvery know....
David
Hi David,

The Wolseley Eight on display at Nuffield Place is actually Lady Nuffield's car - Lord Nuffield's Wolseley Eight can be found at The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire. I'm pretty certain the distributor on my Wolseley Eight engine is the correct one - I'll check just to make sure.

Jeff.
Hi All

I’m guilty of showing photos from this location in the past….but….it was such a nice day that we just had to circumnavigate the Elan Valley dams. This is the top reservoir (Craig Goch) which was full with water crashing over the dam. Strangely the middle dam was very low and the bottom not overflowing.

Just 55 miles. We don’t have to travel far to get fabulous scenery and deserted, A7 friendly roads!

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3182.jpeg (Size: 107.67 KB / Downloads: 344)
Met up with an old friend for lunch today.  As you will note, one of us arrived in a magnificent, highly desirable, highly reliable, much coveted vehicle. The other came in a Lexus LC500.

Howard Wright, I can show a similar foto, taken on top of the Bernina Pass, 2300 m... I'm working on my cars to make more trips like that one possible. 
It's really awesome! Smile

Nick Salmon, the Lexus is not a bad one, good quality to some extend... But I would also prefer the other one. Smile
I went out last night to meet up with some friends and took the RP to give it an airing. The return journey after dark gave me a chance to see how my double-dipper LED headlamp bulbs were working and I have to say that I was well impressed. I could actually see where I was going!

For those of you that take it, the RP features in the latest issue of "La Vie de l'Auto" following my trip to Ponteils at the end of last month.

(I can't figure out how to get the photo on here from Whatsapp)
If you have an iPhone, the photo will also be in your Photos collection (unless you have disabled the function) Anyway, if you can get it there, you can then email it to yourself, perhaps?

Thats what I do, anyway..

All down to your personal settings. I'm afraid I cant comment for Android phones...

hth...
(04-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I went out last night to meet up with some friends and took the RP to give it an airing. The return journey after dark gave me a chance to see how my double-dipper LED headlamp bulbs were working and I have to say that I was well impressed. I could actually see where I was going!

For those of you that take it, the RP features in the latest issue of "La Vie de l'Auto" following my trip to Ponteils at the end of last month.

(I can't figure out how to get the photo on here from Whatsapp)

.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2023-05-04 at 10.04.35.jpeg (Size: 128.35 KB / Downloads: 182)
We have just fitted the dipping LEDs to the 1929 fabric saloon. They are a big improvement. The beam is much more focussed and main beam is achieved by a second LED which comes on in addition to the dip. There's enough illumination to see when faced with modern lights coming towards.
Lighting has really gone mad. Lights are so powerful that it's now dangerous.
Jim
(04-05-2023, 03:24 PM)AustinWood Wrote: Lighting has really gone mad. Lights are so powerful that it's now dangerous.

Yes, to the point where I now avoid driving at night, which I used to love. 
In fact it's not uncommon now to find yourself dazzled by daytime running lights, which is simply ridiculous.
As for people with vast banks of LED's on the rear of their cars, who sit with a foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights because they don't know how to drive and lack confidence that their electric parking brakes are working, words completely fail me.
It's high time the Department for That Sort of Thing got a grip and amended the regulations, but the chances are slim given the extent to which the regulators are in the collective pocket of the motor industry, and our present lack of influence in Brussels.
I'm not 100% a fan but there is an organisation lobbying for change - http://www.lightmare.org/