The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I recommend a Radio 4 prog broadcast this morning and available on iPlayer” Tax me I’m a millionaire “
I had a good run out today to our monthly meeting near Richmond.  There was an interesting turn out of cars and the meeting was graced by the Velocette Owners Club with a superb array of these classic machines.  Also present was a nice Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire, I don't know who it belonged to, perhaps the old Jack Russel curled up in a cosy bed on the back seat!
The little Austin went like the wind, it seems to like cool damp conditions.                
Looks like a good turnout. I think I recognise some of the Boroughbridge Velo club members...
En route to Screwfix at Biggin Hill this afternoon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-04-2022, 05:32 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Looks like a good turnout. I think I recognise some of the Boroughbridge Velo club members...

Saw a Velo in Selby this morning heading North. Perhaps that's where he was going.

Steve
90 years ago (April 14th) our RN (Harvey) was sold by Haig's of Southsea and registered as RV 2811 in Portsmouth to a Mr Roberts.

Maggie & I took Harvey out to fill up with petrol and then met friends to celebrate at the Fox & Hounds at Whittlebury. Got some of the usual "my grandfather/father/aunt had an Austin Seven" comments from some of the customers. It's one of the pleasures of Seven ownership. 

Like us, our friends John & Liz also owned a Seven Special,  back in the mid 1960s.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, finally seem to have caught the cold. 

So instead of galavanting today, I thought Id give these two a birthday.  Even had the wheels off to give the wings a good clean on the dirty side. Hopefully they'll dry niclely in the sun before I put them away. 

Can't do the third one. Its stuck hehind half a ton of 'coal'.
We have been checking that we all still fit as I want to take the Chummy to the Centenary event.

Not sure everyone agrees but I think we fit just fine!!

My parents still fit in their car too!!

A full house!