The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I'd love a Chummy too, but I also don't want to wake up with a bread knife stuck in my back...
Ha ha! Say hello to Madam Bruce!
(26-05-2021, 08:05 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: It is noisy, incontinent and has frighteningly uncomfortable seats, but I love it already...

My '27 Chummy has sprung base seats, recreated from an original pattern and the seats are surprisingly comfortable. Incontinence has been cured, thanks to silicon gaskets and a cast Aluminium sump, so that I can park it on a carpet in the garage without a drip-mat. 

But the noise! That still remains.

Pardon?? Can't quite hear you!
(28-05-2021, 09:34 AM)Parazine Wrote:
(26-05-2021, 08:05 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: It is noisy, incontinent and has frighteningly uncomfortable seats, but I love it already...

My '27 Chummy has sprung base seats, recreated from an original pattern and the seats are surprisingly comfortable. Incontinence has been cured, thanks to silicon gaskets and a cast Aluminium sump, so that I can park it on a carpet in the garage without a drip-mat. 

But the noise! That still remains.

Pardon?? Can't quite hear you!

Wait till you've had that saloon on the road. The 3 speed box in an enclosed saloon is something else.

Mind when ive been driving the traction engine all day, and jump in the RL is like a Rolls Royce
Hi All

Today I fitted a 30 psi oil gauge bought off eBay into the Brookfields dash. It involved a change of fascia, white to black, and a brass flange soldered onto the bezel.

Needed because my over-bored (yes I’m fed up too  Big Grin) oil pump registers 10 psi plus when the oil is hot and running at anything above 2000 revs.  With the old 10 psi gauge I would have no way of knowing if a jet blocked.

I’m using it in tandem with a high pressure warning light (the red one under the gauge) mentioned in another thread.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   9F5D9BB3-14EE-4F34-B20F-17A1412C0EF1.jpeg (Size: 64.31 KB / Downloads: 424)
.jpeg   79D70531-C0F0-430F-AA68-98DB8DC597B8.jpeg (Size: 82.22 KB / Downloads: 423)

Today I put the seats back in after working on the headlining, gave her a clean and couldn't resist a quick drive round the town. Getting ready for the Ripley Castle event on Monday.

https://www.markwoodwardclassicevents.co...hicle-show
A pre-late-lunch meander, then home again to welcome family to our first meal together in over a year. Very happy day!

Its sort of what we did with the 7.  There we were, all set for a nice summer picnic post lockdown when a swarm of bees turned up in the garden.  Half an hour later we carried on with our little outing, returning to find a hive full of bees. These are the bees walking up the slope to make their new home. Note - Loss of Horizontal hold !!
(30-05-2021, 02:57 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: A pre-late-lunch meander, then home again to welcome family to our first meal together in over a year. Very happy day!

great pictures of a lovely car!
Young Leon and I took the Seven up to Llanerchymedd on Ynys Mon to have lunch with my grandson and his family for the first time since lockdown. Set off about 10.30 this morning from Bala and arrived in Llanerchymedd exactly two hours later at an average speed of 33 mph including getting stuck in traffic at the Britannia Bridge.

Came home via Caernarfon to see other members of the family and finally got back home at 11.30 pm. Haven't done an average sped for the journey back as I forgot to note the time we left for home, but 147 miles covered on a full tank with about a quarter of a tank left.

.jpg   S017I001.JPG (Size: 106.46 KB / Downloads: 196)

Climbing into Snowdonia on the A5

.jpg   S017I003.JPG (Size: 107.58 KB / Downloads: 195)

View of the mountains by Llyn Ogwen

.jpg   S017I007.JPG (Size: 106.03 KB / Downloads: 195)

Approaching Llanerchymedd.