The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I did the thermostat mod suggested on this site, works very well all year round and virtually invisible
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
In winter I've never found a fan belt needed.
Jim
It hasn’t been a good day carwise today. Nothing serious, just annoyed at my own stupidity. I thought I would shift my A7 into another shed as the one it was in is about to be demolished. Reversed the newly restored Landrover out of the way to get the A7 but hit the grandkid’s garden swing. Only smashed a rear light. 2 minutes later tried to start the A7 but it appeared to seize up. Looked under the bonnet to find the bathtowel I had put round the engine entwined with the fan and pulleys. Fortunately I managed to unravel it eventually with no damage. Decided to give up with cars today and do the ironing!
Nowhere in Boddy's history of Broklands is there mention of a Seven stuck in the pits with a towel jammed round the fan and the pulleys. So it's into the history books for you! Well done.
In my own experience swaddling one's engine only makes it more attractive to mice!
In the '60s on a very cold, icy day I was attracted to a group of people surrounding a Rover with wisps of smoke coming from under the bonnet. Eventually flames appeared and the car was well alight when the fire brigade arrived. It turned out the car belonged to a bank manager who, upon parking the car, had proceeded to throw a rug over the engine to prevent it freezing whilst at work. Obviously rugs and hot manifolds don't mix!
(12-01-2021, 11:51 AM)AustinWood Wrote: In winter I've never found a fan belt needed.

(12-01-2021, 08:44 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: It hasn’t been a good day carwise today. Nothing serious, just annoyed at my own stupidity. I thought I would shift my A7 into another shed as the one it was in is about to be demolished. Reversed the newly restored  Landrover out of the way to get the A7 but hit the grandkid’s garden swing. Only smashed a rear light. 2 minutes later tried to start the A7 but it appeared to seize up. Looked under the bonnet to find the bathtowel I had put round the engine entwined with the fan and pulleys. Fortunately I managed to unravel it eventually with no damage. Decided to give up with cars today and do the ironing!

Dave, Was that no damage to the car or bath towel. 

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
RP in the snow a nice bit of film..  Car is not on the A7c chassis register but is taxed and now black according to DVLA.
I like that film Reckless, the opening sequence reminds me of a journey from hull to Stockport in 1969 when I decided to follow a wagon from Hull as the OS lane was deep virgin snow. At the East Yorkshire boundary it turned into the council depot, it was a snow plough (not gritter) and I was on my own. I note PN 9223 is still around and was on the register.
(12-01-2021, 09:51 PM)Chris KC Wrote: In my own experience swaddling one's engine only makes it more attractive to mice!

might get three wise men ............