The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My space heater for the workshop has arrived in time for a very chilly start to today:

However it is now a balmy -5.5c and I need to test run-up an engine and so it is currently warming that up...

(01-02-2019, 12:04 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: My space heater for the workshop has arrived in time for a very chilly start to today:

I didn't know that Audi made heaters.
so how DOES that space heater work, and what is it comprised of?
Lots of moisture ??
(01-02-2019, 12:42 PM)JonE Wrote: so how DOES that space heater work, and what is it comprised of?

It's the same as this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-5KW-Air-D...3289270349

It works pretty well but I am only on day one of using it!
Take care with the exhaust gases, perhaps OK for a car porch
But not for an enclosed space unless you pipe away the exhaust?

I prefer the coal fire method of engine assembly :-)

All the best

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
As you will have guessed, this is a test run Bill - it only arrived last night. I have exhaust pipe and wall boring equipment to use, once I have decided where it be installed...

I do have a beautiful 1920s (?) coke fired kitchen stove that I intended to put into the garage, I have not done so because of the quantity of inflammable stuff I have, pity as it it would be very cosy with it and it looks wonderful!
Ah, very interesting. I've always wondered how efficient they are in relation to electric heaters. Have you researched in order to choose this route?
A friend reccomended it... will let you know my thoughts once it's installed and in use proper.
5KW is pretty hefty. It sounds as if it’s a truck , or boat cabin heater,
Which are normally about £800 to £1000 for an Eberspacher type gadget.

If I had been flush I think underfloor heating in an insulated garage would
Be the best solution. Does anyone have such luxury?

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,