The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
(07-10-2021, 11:15 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 05:01 PM)AustinWood Wrote: Dogs are great but they cannot attend the centenary.
As I understand it the site is used for training fire service dogs. As dogs get more information by far from the scent of smell they would be totally confused if dozens of dogs were on the site. It's perfectly understandable.
Finding such a good site so close to the centre of the country is excellent. We are not bothered by distance, but 300 miles to Moreton-in-Marsh is much better than 420 to Beaulieu. The only difficulty is avoiding motorways & dual carriageways, but that's good fun. Takes us to interesting places we would not otherwise see.

Well said. It's a shame that no satNav I know allows just B roads to be put in as an option, only "avoiding motorways". But if you use a smartphone and Google or Apple maps, you can enter "cycle route" - the snag being that some of these include canal towpaths and other interesting diversions. Still, the son of a friend did drive back from the south coast to Derbsyhire using such a route for a lot of the way.

Hi Tony, my TomTom satnav. has an option of selecting a max. speed route; I have found that asking it to pick a 40mph max. route that it usually selects back roads in preference to any busier routes. When using it in the 7 I select this option even if I traverse most of it at faster than 40mph!

Messages In This Thread
RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - by nrzam - 04-10-2021, 10:39 PM
RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - by JohnD - 05-10-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - by daveg - 05-10-2021, 10:58 AM
RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - by Ian McGowan - 08-10-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: no pets allowed at centenary event - by nrzam - 09-10-2021, 04:14 PM