The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That would be a queen wasp Steve. At this time of year, they start to wake up from their winter sleep and look for places to set up a nest. The queen will fly until May or June, after which she becomes nest bound and lets her workers do the honours. Once she dies in late August or September there are no more eggs to tend and no more sugar solution given out by the grubs so the workers go out looking for fallen fruit, getting very drunk in the process of sating their desire for sugar, a perfect recipe for stings to humans!
Oh dear, should I have encouraged her to nestle down somewhere inside the car, rather than take her chance on surviving any further frosts and snow. I am not sure that there is a shortage of wasps in Wales.
Spent a bit of time this afternoon repairing a broken front cover. Dressed the weld back and bored to clean. Turned off the wear on the starting handle and fitted a new aluminium alloy insert in the nosepiece to suit. Dressed off the outside weld to clean.

As they say in Yorkshire "That'll do!"
    Here's a similar switch I bought from RS components today Tony. According to the blurb it is rated at 6 amps at 250 volts and good for 15,000,000 cycles. Now I've had the motor running for an hour the current is 0.5 amp unloaded and 1 amp when I load up the operating knob almost to stall.
Hi RF
Do you have a giant lathe to turn the crank handle shaft or did you use some sort of internal fly cutter?
Hello BC, 
     in fact I have two giant lathes and a boys lathe, plus a 1912 Drummond round bed treadle.
Reckless’ post in nearing a million views, nice work sir!
I've put the fettled fuel pump back on the RP and all is well again. Plus the pump doesn't lose prime now, downside is the tube I mended seems to have a slow leak. The tyre was flat. 

Today I fished the chummy out. Started 2nd pull on the handle, and its not run since november so that was good. 

I decided I really should get my finger out and fit the mail order hood bag. It needed the lift the dots fitting, so did that. Once the postage (and storage) creases come out itll look very nice. Certainly better than a flappy hood.

This thing was ace, with a lump of wood and a g clamp
(25-02-2022, 10:49 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Hello BC, 
     in fact I have two giant lathes and a boys lathe, plus a 1912 Drummond round bed treadle.

It's amazing what one can do on a round bed Drummond

Attached Files
.jpg   Round-Bed Drummond.jpg (Size: 214.45 KB / Downloads: 154)