The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Totally oil tight though!!!
No, it's the right way up. I thought I'd show off by crawling underneath it and snapping it lying on the floor. The front axle visible behind is hanging from the ceiling, waiting to audition for the role of Dracula in a forthcoming Bearsden Pantomime, or maybe a Milngavie Mystery.
Don't open the drawers on your tool chest then. All your spanners will fall out.
(27-02-2020, 08:13 PM)Hobbo Wrote: I certainly will not deal with RH insurance. Not long ago tried to insure my 1972 VW Camper. It came back that I was too much of a liability, or words to that effect because I had not got a modern day car. Can't remember on proposal form ticking a box to say I had a modern day car. or even if there was a box to tick. Got in touch explaining I had such a vehicle, even giving reg number. Heard nothing back, so got in touch saying better luck next time, heard nothing. Seemed to not want my business, so they can whistle.

Doing better than me.
I requested a quote for my Austin recently and have never heard back.
Life is too short to chase insurance companies that don't want to even quote

Charles

On a brighter note I've been boring.

Let's hope that the holes are in the right places!

Charles
Nerve wracking I imagine Charles, you don't really get a second chance!
Black Art Enthusiast
(29-02-2020, 09:35 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Nerve wracking I imagine Charles, you don't really get a second chance!

You do if you plan for it! 

Both bores will be undersized so that I can insert a test bar and check alignment and perpendicularity whilst  leaving a chance to correct

Charles
Yes of course excellent thinking!..........I knew that Smile
Black Art Enthusiast
Looks like a job for final cut on a line boring machine.
I’ll bet a lot of time has been spent planning and thinking this through.
Have you practiced on an old plentiful case
(29-02-2020, 10:27 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Looks like a job for final cut on a line boring machine.

That's an option but the value of a line boring machine is limited on a two bearing set up

Charles
Today was a good day.

The museum roof was finished in the windy wheather friday.

And after much rain over the last two days. Today I got to check for leaks. And we are WATER FREE.

So I spent the day moving all my advertising crap back in place.

The roof material, is usually used on industrial buildings, and national museums. Although we were not given 2 million by the lottery fund to install it.

Tony.

[attachment=9042]