Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,080
» Latest member: JGOF
» Forum threads: 7,901
» Forum posts: 95,701

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Wiscombe Park Tomorrow
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: John P
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Chummy starting issues - ...
Last Post: RupertW
2 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 295
Zenith 26VA question
Last Post: Hurvinek
2 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 324
Manifold Stud Sealing
Last Post: Austinitis
8 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 341
Mystery Irons.
Last Post: Robert Foreman
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 243
C/W Pinion matching numbe...
Last Post: john williams
9 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 34
Ruby Engined Motorbike
Last Post: Tiger
Today, 06:31 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 323
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
Yesterday, 10:33 PM
» Replies: 114
» Views: 4,308
Visibility and colour
Last Post: Peter Naulls
Yesterday, 09:56 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 157
What have you done today ...
Last Post: andrew34ruby
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 6,011
» Views: 1,354,644

engine cylinder block 1933-ish
Posted by: JonE - 26-08-2017, 02:44 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (4)

good sleeved standard block, i.e. back at 'datum' measurement 2.19". Probably wants a light hone (is that the right word?) before use. 
I can take photos of anything you want inspected.
£80
Another thing kicking around that realistically I'm never going to make into an engine so might as well help someone else do so.

Print this item

Bantam Truck
Posted by: Ian Williams - 26-08-2017, 10:38 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (10)

I have been asked to assist with re-commissioning a American Bantam Van, it was dismantled many, many years ago and restoration was started but never completed. I have been tasked with reassembling the vehicle and am seeking information and contacts who may be able to assist. I will post pictures in due course but as far as I can tell at this early stage the attached depict a similar van.

.jpg   bantam panel truck.jpg (Size: 90.58 KB / Downloads: 364)

Print this item

37 Austin Seven "Ruby" for restoration
Posted by: Mr D - 25-08-2017, 04:18 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (2)

I have an 1937 Austin "Ruby" Seven for sale and for complete restoration having been recently removed from a dry garage along with some other vehicles, where it has been sat for many years.
This is a matching numbers car and I have V5 along with the old buff document therefore it still bares its original registration number.
I have been on the DVLA website and the car comes up and checks out.
The engine is out of the car and turns, the valves open and shut and the bores are clean with no sign of scoring. Although the head and sump are off, everything appears to be there to rebuild it including new gaskets and other small parts.
The car is located in Torquay, Devon.

Print this item

Edinburgh
Posted by: gezparton - 25-08-2017, 09:11 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

.jpg   IMG_8687.jpg (Size: 71.75 KB / Downloads: 151) [attachment=337][attachment=337]Hi everyone
Is there anything happening near Edinburgh over this weekend as I am visiting our son and fiancée.
Keep the wheels turning
Gez

Print this item

Endearing Quote
Posted by: Bob Culver - 25-08-2017, 08:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

The old Home page included a charming quote from someone about the Seven addiction. too good to lose. can someone repeat it for copying please.

Print this item

Rp seats
Posted by: T Fawcett - 24-08-2017, 09:49 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (17)

Hi can you tell me if there is any difference between late RP and mark one ruby seats Huh Huh
Trevor

Print this item

Stanley Edge...
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 24-08-2017, 08:32 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Whilst looking through some old papers today I came across some letters from Stan and this rather nice photo.

Print this item

Austin dealers in Cornwall
Posted by: Peter Naulls - 23-08-2017, 10:19 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (12)

Does anyone know who the Austin dealers were in Cornwall (DAF registration) in 1937? I'm guessing there is no chance of attributing a registration to a particular dealer?

My parents used to holiday with our Ruby in Cornwall in the 1950s and lived in hope of meeting the original owner.

Peter.

Print this item

LWB Hardy Spicer propshaft length
Posted by: Stuart Giles - 23-08-2017, 09:10 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

I need to get a propshaft made for a LWB Seven which has the usual four speed box etc. setup and a Hardy Spicer style prop. My problem is that the car isn't here right now, so I can't be sure of the overall length said prop needs to be;  I do have a couple of props here, but am sure they've been modded in the past.

It would be great if anyone who has a rolling chassis, or LWB car under construction could let me know what the distance is between the gearbox flange and rear axle flange.

Print this item

austin ruby brake light switch
Posted by: Paul t - 23-08-2017, 08:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Could somebody advise as to how the switch is connected to the pedal. Currently a piece of plastic coated wire is twisted around the pedal & crudely pushed through the switch.
Thank you.

Print this item