The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashed Ruby today.
To be fair to him, look at this black Range Rover, there isn't much to tell him that he mustn't turn right from the left lane.

The world and his wife have told me I have to repair my accident damaged Ruby, so I have decided to do that.

Discussing with my insurer, Hagarty, today I found them to be very helpful and cooperative. I was assured that they would not be looking to right off the car, as they felt it was repairable. They asked if I had a repairer in mind and they were happy for me to purchase a ready assembled axle, hubs, spring, stub axles etc and fit this myself. Then I would fix the bodywork myself. They would pay for all parts, paint etc if I was happy to do the work.

I'm not going to rush and I will be getting Ruairidh to sell me a built up axle in a few months time. Today I have emailed them all sorts of documents and photos as requested. To ensure that the Ruby was not my main car I had to send a copy of the V5 in my name for my daily driver. No problem.

I now await the engineer's inspection.
That's really good news Andrew and I'm delighted that the insurer is prepared to support you in the route you have decided to take. I look forward to watching the progress.
Great news that your car is going to be repaired. At least no person was hurt, the car will recover and smile again. Smile
Andrew, I have an “as found” n/s Ruby wing stay cum headlamp bracket on the shelf which I will never use. The pressed headlamp bracket bit is moth eaten but the hefty channel stay is sound. Yours foc if it is any use to you. Delivery might involve postal charges unless you know someone passing near Lincoln. A “Sevens to the Sea” participant perhaps?
Let me know if of interest,

Regards,

Stuart
In the world we live in today Andrew your picture in the OP could be "triggering" for some younger people they tell me.

Best of luck with the re-build. We look forward to the photos, but no time pressure.
(19-03-2024, 05:05 PM)stuartu Wrote: Andrew, I have an “as found” n/s Ruby wing stay cum headlamp bracket on the shelf which I will never use. The pressed headlamp bracket bit is moth eaten but the hefty channel stay is sound. Yours foc if it is any use to you. Delivery might involve postal charges unless you know someone passing near Lincoln. A “Sevens to the Sea” participant perhaps?

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks for the offer Stuart. That sounds good. Lincoln is about 80 miles from me so I won't make a special journey just yet. Tomorrow I will have a good look at mine and see how badly damaged that part looks.
(19-03-2024, 10:09 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote:
(19-03-2024, 05:05 PM)stuartu Wrote: Andrew, I have an “as found” n/s Ruby wing stay cum headlamp bracket on the shelf which I will never use. The pressed headlamp bracket bit is moth eaten but the hefty channel stay is sound. Yours foc if it is any use to you. Delivery might involve postal charges unless you know someone passing near Lincoln. A “Sevens to the Sea” participant perhaps?

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks for the offer Stuart. That sounds good. Lincoln is about 80 miles from me so I won't make a special journey just yet. Tomorrow I will have a good look at mine and see how badly damaged that part looks.

Stuart, with the car jacked up and put on stands today I had a good look at the 'wing stay cum headlight bracket' and it looks to be hardly damaged. Amazing. The 'pressed headlight bracket bit' is partly detached and slightly bent, but looks easy to repair. A bit disappointing really, I was looking forward to a walk round Lincoln.
Pleased to hear it, Andrew. Let’s hope the rest is as easy!

All the best,

Stuart