The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashed Ruby today.
Oh flip. Crashed Ruby today.

A driver of a modern car had not realised he was in a one way street. Nothing coming towartds him so he turned right. In fact it is a busy two-lane one-way street. I was in the right lane preparing to turn right a bit further on. He pulled across the front of me, my left front wheel going into the front offside wheel of his Skoda.

What to do? Axle is very badly bent. Front spring is broken. Other bits bent too. One wheel badly bent and spokes ripped out of the wheel centre. Nearside front wing very badly bent, headlight destroyed. Bonnet bent. Probably both hubs bent. Both wheels are at funny angles.

Can I really be bothered to strip all that lot apart again, just three years after completing a full dismantle and rebuild?

Oh, bad luck!

I'm sure you will find the necessary to do the repairs - as long as the chassis is still OK and the body shell is reasonably straight, all the other bits just bolt on and off!
Sorry to read this.

I can build you up a whole front axle and spring, all ready for you to bolt on. Wheels are plentiful and reasonable wings can still be bought.

Everything is fixable and so long as you are okay, all wil be well.
Oh! B*gg*r- some drivers are sh*t. The answers are encouraging  Dodgy
Sorry to hear. I am with the rebuild crowd but you may want to park it out of sight for a few weeks. Just to get past the accident part.
So very sorry
Have seen and enjoyed many of your posts on the site
Hope the seven world won’t be loosing you.
As stated don’t make any decisions until you have recovered
What a great offer from Ruairidh
GOOD LUCK
Very kind regards
Tim
That really is bad luck. Do persevere, as we all want your posts back on the forum!

Howard
Thanks Ruairidh. I 'm not sure what I will do, but it had occurred to me yesterday that one way to fix it would be to get you to build up a spring, axle hubs etc. There's no rush.
I am trialing today, but will be home later, call me on 01419428037 and we can discuss what could be done to help.
Miserable bad luck Andrew - count your blessings that no-one was badly hurt.  I do hope that you will repair the car.