The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door check straps
My measurements did not include the rolled back portion so you will need to start with bits of metal about 2 1/4" x 1 1/8".  I would make them like a rolled edge, forming a right angle in the metal and hammering the flap over a length of thin rod (perhaps a nail?), finishing off with a hammer and vice.   You will end up making about six until you get two you like!
Thank you, Malcolm. Exactly the approach I have already embarked on, having estimated the size, before bending, of the plate. Hopefully only 2 required! Though I do have enough material to make about 97 if need be.. :^)

Hugh
In the spirit of "never let the perfect get in the way of the good", I'm going to say my first two are good enough. You can see (perhaps) that the second one was better than the first as I had perfected my technique and needed nowhere near as much heat. A quick go over with a file to smooth everything off and a lick of paint and that's an extra point for originality secured...