The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox oil change
engine oil is for engines gear boxes use gear oil this modern oil is far superior 75w-90 GL4 you only need a pint/1/2ltr in a 4spd box also suitable for 3spd box.
The price has changed as this is an old photo.  Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like the gearbox is one with syncro on 3rd and 4th gear.
Car was first registered in June 1933, possibly on change from 'crash' box to
semi syncro, but that is not to say the gearbox has been changed since.
Still trying to find history of the car. There are hints if spent some time in South Africa
but still need time to do more checks and still plenty of things to do on the car.
(19-02-2024, 04:58 PM)Terrytuned Wrote: engine oil is for engines gear boxes use gear oil this modern oil is far superior 75w-90 GL4 you only need a pint/1/2ltr in a 4spd box also suitable for 3spd box.
The price has changed as this is an old photo.  Terry.

Personally, I use straight 30-weight oil as I'm worried about invalidating the warranty......
I think the warranty expires after a hundred years, so you’d better remain vigilant and stick with the straight 30!
The first synchromesh gearbox (on 3rd & Top) was introduced in August 1933, so if your car is a June 33 registered model it would have originally had the earlier crash 4 speed box. As an aside, my RP is chassis number 176617 which corresponds to a production date of 8th June 1933.