The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue a Ruby

And so the Ruby says goodbye, as it leaves for a new home in England. Dave the new owner will not just pat it gently, but give it a new front soring and many other bits to get the wheels to agree on in which direction to point. What a generous and helpful bunch Seven owners are, thanks to all.
So glad to hear this had a satisfactory outcome.
Me too... I wasn't looking forward to telling 'er indoors that I was off to Wales for an hour or two!
Great news.
That is excellent news, it is a lovely Ruby.
Lovely to see that Ian and Pam Bennett’s Ruby is going to have a new life. They had made a really good job of it many years ago when I first met them.
So glad it has gone to a good home. As I have said before, if I had had 1500 notes doing nothing I would have been there like a shot.
It was a real pleasure to meet Steve Kay last Thursday and collect ‘Poor Ruby’
She is now jointly owned by myself, and friend Jeremy Slatter (Also a forum member) Jeremy was responsible for passing on the infectious A7 bug to me several years back. Once some workshop space has been created we will be able to get cracking on with the repairs and will post some updates.

(Chris KC I’m the Dave you met at Crays Pond Woodcote when you had fuel supply problems)

Dave
Because I have a 'thing' for Rubies I find it very hard to see one in distress - and often fight to make head rule heart. Delighted to see this one saved. Well done to all concerned!
Echo the above! I had a Ruby a few years ago and was impressed, and surprised at how much I liked it. Unfortunately I needed the garage space (and the money came in handy for finishing the Cup) so it went to a new owner Nottingham way, who is still enthusiastically enjoying it.
It's nice to have a story with a happy ending, and I look forward to the continuing saga!