The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Mk 2 headlamp brts
I’m looking for some pictures of the brackets that fit under the front wings or the headlamps 
My lamps are not yet fitted and I’ve seen some brackets in line but can’t envisage them fitted 
Thanks
This is a view on the bracket from above. it is fitted (welded?) to the wing stay. the wing stay is bolted to the cow horn through the flitch plate.  The photo is from Geoff Halstead's thread on restoring his Ruby. Lots of useful detail there...  https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...hp?tid=205

Thanks
I’m really looking for a pic of it fitted if possible
https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...205&page=2

another pic from Geoff's blog shows underside. Would be good to see an update from Geoff re progress.
Which pic please ?
I can’t see one with the brkt in situ

I'm not sure what you are hoping to see, but without removing the wheel and setting up a strong lamp, there's not much you can see. The fixing on the end of the stay goes to a bracket on the wing and the one through the headlight bracket is the stem for the headlight. Forgive the rust and scabby wiring. I  should probably add that to the list!
Thanks Nick
So there are 2 brkts ? One for sidelights and one for headlights
Neither of them look like the one Squeak posted
Confused ?
Does this rough sketch help?

There is one bracket made up of two components: a channel-section bracket which is the main wing support, mounted on the chassis 'cow horn' with the sidelight acting as the upper mounting. Then a flange which is welded to the main bracket which points forward and is the strengthening support for the headlamp.
I think I see
So they are bolted in and welded together in situ ?

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_7518.jpeg (Size: 482.1 KB / Downloads: 163)
Originally, the wing stay and headlight bracket would have been as one, like the first picture I posted. If you have no bracket on the stay, that might be one way of getting the position correct, though if things don't line up as they should, you're likely to lock in the error. Can you see where the old bracket was attached to the wing stay? That might help. Failing that, it might be worth asking for measurements from someone who has one not currently attached to their Ruby.

As for the photo Squeak referred to... this is a view of top and underside. The hole that's ringed red bolts to a piece of steel fixed to the edge of the wing in the rolled edge, the headlight hole is ringed orange.