The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I knew what it was called I could probably order one
(16-01-2024, 12:21 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Wearing a wedding ring while spannering? Well really! When I was at college in Birmingham in the early 1970s a Safety Officer from "the BSA" came to do a talk on workshop safety and showed us a snap he'd taken several years before on a works tour looking out for dangerous practices. He'd seen a turner put his hand out to stop a lathe chuck and whipped up his camera to illustrate. The picture he showed us was of a man with his left hand in the air with a white string connected to the chuck...this was the tendon from his wedding ring finger.
Pass the sick bucket mother!

The real lesson is that your hand should never be used to stop a machine tool, irrespective of marital status
I just had one in my hand from a modern (almost).
https://www.zuksofhazard.com/shop/p/clut...repair-kit
Suzuki SJ413 clutch, might be easier to find.

They would be easy to make as well. Good hunting, Mike
(16-01-2024, 12:21 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Wearing a wedding ring while spannering? Well really! When I was at college in Birmingham in the early 1970s a Safety Officer from "the BSA" came to do a talk on workshop safety and showed us a snap he'd taken several years before on a works tour looking out for dangerous practices. He'd seen a turner put his hand out to stop a lathe chuck and whipped up his camera to illustrate. The picture he showed us was of a man with his left hand in the air with a white string connected to the chuck...this was the tendon from his wedding ring finger.

That's a very good point Duncan... and no gloves either, so that nasty oil will cause my dermatitis to flair up...  I really should know better

I worked with a chap who'd jumped into a trench to check the gradient on the pipe laser, resting his left hand on the top of a steel trench sheet as he hopped in. Most of him made it into the trench but his wedding ring snagged on the sheet pile and...  I also remember pitching a rear axle casing into a scrap metal skip and that becoming somehow attached to my wedding ring. Fortunately it had no great weight so I didn't succeed in degloving my finger. I will buy some barrier cream and leave my ring next to the pot when I put it on from now on.

As for brake lever swivel pin barrel nut thing, all sorted. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Your knowledge is encyclopaedic Ruariadh. It is the one from the brake cross shaft/ pedal rod adjuster. I took it out to show what I needed as I want another one to rig a handbrake for the Silverstone.
"I will buy some barrier cream and leave my ring next to the pot when I put it on from now on."

That'll be the same barrier cream I remember right after I've got my hands filthy then...just next to the box of surgical gloves I didn't put on?
(15-01-2024, 04:44 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: But I don't, so I can't! 

Can someone please tell me what the short piece of ½" bar with a hole drilled centrally (it fits in a fork in the cross shaft) that swivels and allows adjustment of the brake pedal is called? I need one for the handbrake on my special. 
If you can’t find one Nick,pm me,I’ll make one in a few minutes.
(16-01-2024, 02:46 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:

That's a very good point Duncan... and no gloves either, so that nasty oil will cause my dermatitis to flair up...  I really should know better

I worked with a chap who'd jumped into a trench to check the gradient on the pipe laser, resting his left hand on the top of a steel trench sheet as he hopped in. Most of him made it into the trench but his wedding ring snagged on the sheet pile and...  I also remember pitching a rear axle casing into a scrap metal skip and that becoming somehow attached to my wedding ring. Fortunately it had no great weight so I didn't succeed in degloving my finger. I will buy some barrier cream and leave my ring next to the pot when I put it on from now on.

As for brake lever swivel pin barrel nut thing, all sorted. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Your knowledge is encyclopaedic Ruariadh. It is the one from the brake cross shaft/ pedal rod adjuster. I took it out to show what I needed as I want another one to rig a handbrake for the Silverstone.

As I suggested it is BN 23  Smile
(16-01-2024, 07:58 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote:
(15-01-2024, 04:44 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: But I don't, so I can't! 
If you can’t find one Nick,pm me,I’ll make one in a few minutes.

Thanks Dave, that's great. 

Hopefully now sorted, but if plan A fails I'll be in touch... I only wish I had the time, skills and tools to make a few of these simple little fiddley bits myself.

(16-01-2024, 10:40 PM)Tony Press Wrote: As I suggested it is BN 23  Smile

Ah, sorry Tony, also encyclopaedic... I just needed the part number translated into bodgerish.
(16-01-2024, 10:40 PM)Tony Press Wrote: As I suggested it is BN 23  Smile
(15-01-2024, 10:50 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: I don't think the pin is available separately - just the BK68c assembly here:
www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php#brakes

David,

Is there a reason there is no BN 23 ?

Tony.
(17-01-2024, 01:41 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Is there a reason there is no BN 23 ?

If you  mean, why isn't BN23 available from the cherished suppliers, it's because we haven't been asked to supply one before. There's no point in making and stocking parts that there's not much demand for.
True ! I just assumed if the rod and wing nut were supplied the BN23 would be needed as well - what would I know !  Big Grin