The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I knew what it was called I could probably order one
Question 
But I don't, so I can't! 

Can someone please tell me what the short piece of ½" bar with a hole drilled centrally (it fits in a fork in the cross shaft) that swivels and allows adjustment of the brake pedal is called? I need one for the handbrake on my special. 

It's known as a 'Barrel nut', Nick.
Quit easy to make  if you've got a pillar drill. (use a vee block for accuracy).
Cheers 
Bob
Not to be confused with the whiffle tree that goes in front of it….
(15-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Bob Kneale Wrote: It's known as a 'Barrel nut', Nick.
Quit easy to make  if you've got a pillar drill. (use a vee block for accuracy).
Cheers 
Bob

Thanks Bob... very useful, and if push comes to shove one might work, but this little fellow is not threaded.
Brake Lever Swivel Pin
I don't think the pin is available separately - just the BK68c assembly here:
www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php#brakes
(15-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Bob Kneale Wrote: It's known as a 'Barrel nut', Nick.
Cheers 
Bob

No - not a barrel nut as far as I can see  Huh

Chris's Brake Lever Swivel Pin sounds more like it  Rolleyes

Is it BN 23 that goes with Brake Adjusting Rod BN 8 or BN 45
I'd call that a trunnion.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Hi Nick,

There are two items that share very similar properties to the one you photograph.

One has a threaded hole with a flat machined on the rear - this item holds the wiffle tree bracket for the front brakes.

The other is drilled plain and has the curved finish on both sides of the hole, it holds the brake pedal rod and the adjustment wing nut steady on the end of the brake cross shaft bracket.

They are often mixed up in rebuilds because the length and diameter are the same.

My guess is that you have the one intended fir the brake pedal rod.
Wearing a wedding ring while spannering? Well really! When I was at college in Birmingham in the early 1970s a Safety Officer from "the BSA" came to do a talk on workshop safety and showed us a snap he'd taken several years before on a works tour looking out for dangerous practices. He'd seen a turner put his hand out to stop a lathe chuck and whipped up his camera to illustrate. The picture he showed us was of a man with his left hand in the air with a white string connected to the chuck...this was the tendon from his wedding ring finger.
Pass the sick bucket mother!