The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salt on the roads.
A pal of mine recommends a 'spinning' garden sprinkler after salty road use...
Here in Queensland salt on the roads is unheard of, however, failure to wash the grass clippings off the lawnmower after every use is the cause of the last one rusting away.    My wife assures me. 
Apologies for the thread drift Wink .
There’s quite a bit of drift on the Ruby in the photo but it’s snow, not thread.
Good one!
I quite agree Chris, in the days before salting of roads I drove our RN over Woodhead in 4" of virgin snow en route from Hull to Stockport, when I got to Mottram a Policeman stopped me and asked where I'd come from. My reply Hull brought the comment "don't you know Woodhead is closed" my reply "your colleagues in Yorkshire aren't up yet but it's probably closed now after you let that HGV through" While looking at my car his reply "amazing" said it all.
It was usually the climb up to Salters Bridge from the Flouch that closed the road. Not a steep climb but lorries usually got stuck near the Dog & Partridge and that put the kybosh on it. (managed to keep on thread using the reference to Salters Bridge which is an old pack horse bridge used to transport salt from Cheshire to Sheffield in the days before Austin Sevens were invented. It used to be the county boundary between Yorkshire & Cheshire in the days when Dave Wortley was a lad.
Here's one for Reckless and Dave found in father's scrap book, but when was it?    
winter of '63?
I drive my Seven throughout the winter, but tend to stick mostly to the country lanes and can’t say I’ve noticed any problems with corrosion…perhaps it’s a combination of the two pack paint I used and the oil!
Good guess, but earlier Reckless