The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette cards
Note the two men waving the sheet around behind the car. I could do with them when photographing cars (makes post pictures work so much easier in Photoshop). Of course, it was a common thing to do then. Now, about those sheets: can you see that the weave was..... OK, OK, I'll stop!
I see that people are trying to date the car on the cigarette card. I know it is a tenuous dating method, but the only other car in the series that I can date with any accuracy is the Ford T, which was the facelift model (known as the New Beauty Ford here in New Zealand) introduced in 1926 for the 1927 year. I'm guessing that this is the age of the cards, since they don't feature the Ford Model A (1928). I can't remove the cards to see if they have anything printed on the reverse, since the album sleeves are glued closed. So that's the best I can do.
Cheers, Geoffrey
According to Bryan Norfolk's little book it was issued in 1926 by W.D & H.O Wills (New Zealand). Number 45 in a set of 50. Number 14 in the same set was a Chummy, and a Chummy also featured in a 1923 set.

Whilst Chris was looking at the hospital posters I was studying those extraordinarily thin door pillars. If I had built them I'd be having sleepless nights!
In danger of being hoisted by my own petard...

One of my favourites from all the images I scanned.

Two really interesting sets of details in one image

https://austinharris.co.uk/photo/gordon-...-body/570/

[Image: red1963.jpg]
(20-12-2023, 10:19 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: According to Bryan Norfolk's little book it was issued in 1926 by W.D & H.O Wills (New Zealand). Number 45 in a set of 50. Number 14 in the same set was a Chummy, and a Chummy also featured in a 1923 set.

So I went looking and found the Chummy! Lots of images and books to get through, so it passed me by. Thanks for the tipoff Peter.
Geoffrey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, that's a '27 / '28 AD model. As it forms part of the collection of cards, then I was probably wrong in my dating of the GE saloon. Apologies!

These have just come through from a good friend's collection in New Zealand.
Happy Christmas everyone.
Very nice Chris! Glad to see more have survived.
Cheers, Geoffrey