The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette cards
I'm sorting through a few books (or a lot, actually) and have found my old dad's cigarette card collection. If you're not aware, each card is teeny, about 2 inches long. They appear to date from the late 1920s. This one will be of interest to some folk here.
Cheers, Geoffrey

[Image: YSJe3zD.jpg]
1925 Gordon England fabric bodied saloon. Note the GE badge forward of the rear wing
I was wondering about the exact model, thanks!
Not as early as 1925 surely, Chris? I would have thought 1927-28 a more realistic date.
Mike, I'm always happy to be corrected. 

I thought models after '25 had bonnet louvres. 
Wing side lights dropped after '25?
No waist banding.
Although rather tenuous, I can't see a wiper blade. 
6" brake model? But it could have closed centre wheels - not clear. 
it does appear to have a running board tread plates which appeared post '25.

No doubt the Bearded Wizard will have a view.
Thought it was this one for a moment but different bonnet.

https://austinharris.co.uk/photo/gordon-...aloon/573/

[Image: red1968.jpg]
I'm not familiar with the minutiae of Gordon England details, I was just basing my thoughts on the 7" brakes and wheels (cf Austin's photo which shows an earlier car with 6" brakes).
Thanks, Austin, for posting the excellent photo of the GE saloon which I hadn't seen before.
Apart from car, I was intrigued by the posters affixed to the doors at the rear.
They refer to the Hospital Saving Association, an incorporated, but non profit making, company formed on 11th July 1922.
The company was one of several which became the foundation to the early NHS. It provided cover for working people, with members and employers contributing. Hospitals that took part in the scheme provided free treatment to these members. By 1944 £10 million pounds had been distributed and in 1947 scholarships were provided to trained nurses to improve their skills. 

Apologies to those disliking " drifts " in the postings!!
Chris Garner wrote:
“Apologies for those disliking “drifts” in posts”

Not at all, Chris. See my bit of doggerel ( I hesitate to refer to it as a poem)in The Friendly Seven thread.
Chris, Not sure that would be considered as thread drift. It is after all a bit more info about a photo of the car in the original post.