The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALR Exhaust manifold
I'm impressed Howard!
(14-12-2023, 06:57 PM)Chris KC Wrote: I'm impressed Howard!

Blush blush, Thanks Chris.
I do agree - it looks excellent, Howard.

Something similar is fitted to a very fast Cup Model, in France. If I can find the photos I will post up.
A Dante manifold might be another option? Pretty sure they will go in a saloon without any bother.
I've had an external manifold for my Ulster and a 'bunch of bananas' type made by Ryan Edwards at Bicester Heritage, Bob. Not cheap but excellent work and as you've got something for him to copy (as I had for both), you don't need to supply him with the car. I supplied the manifold plates - available from our suppliers for very little money. I've also had a 'bunch of bananas' type from Stuart Palmer and that too is excellent.

Steve
If anyone is interested I have this one hanging in my garage. I originally fitted it to my tuned Ruby in the 70s. Keep thinking I must try it in the Pearl.
Happy to lend it to anyone to copy.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23474]

Howard, sorry to hijack the thread, but what has been done to the SU carb to make it work like that? I'm keen to give it a try.
Thanks, Geoffrey
Oxfordshire Sevens make exhaust manifolds in small batches from time to time, when they have time. I don't think that they have any in stock currently, but it might be worth checking.

Jamie.
Hi Geoffrey 

The sports manifold was cut and an elbow and lower flange welded on to give about 30 degrees updraft angle.

The carb is an HS2 with the float chamber attached to the body with a single bolt.  By filing off the ‘stops’ the float bowl can be set at horizontal.  Two problems arose…

Although the bowl can be set to horizontal the float level is not as standard (the axis of the bolt is not on the axis of the jet!). I found I had enough adjustment in the float level to ensure the correct fuel height in the jet. 

The flexible pipe between bowl and body needs to be shortened and the attachment to the choke control lever turned through 90 degrees.  I used a small plastic block as shown in the photo.

(Sorry to the purists about the Phillips screws  Undecided.)

Hope this helps?

PS I run a blue spring and an AN needle.

.jpeg   IMG_2866.jpeg (Size: 115.01 KB / Downloads: 208)
Thank you all Gentlemen, that gives me some ideas and leads to work on!