The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another on ebay
Thanks, Tim.
Another Box - and if the number was JFO 209, it is not on the chassis register.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285592846121

.jpg   Box Deeside.jpg (Size: 169.84 KB / Downloads: 405)
I don't think JFO 209 was this car's original registration number. The FO series was allocated to Radnorshire, and was still the original two-letter issue in the early 1950s. JFO 209 is registered to a 1962 Rover, and I could well believe that chrome piece belongs to a Rover P5.
Thanks - makes sense - perhaps there will be the original identity among the paperwork.
Yet another otherwise perfect project robbed of its registration number, so it’s a no from me.
I've asked the seller if he can post the chassis and car number plates.
The red car 832 UXU is now sold on ebay, and not surprising at that price.
(05-12-2023, 03:10 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Yet another otherwise perfect project robbed of its registration number, so it’s a no from me.

If it still had its original registration number, but no paperwork - would you have been interested?
Changing the registered number on any car or vehicle does not change the vehicle other than to possibly reduce the purchase price. It is nice however to have the original number if possible.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(06-12-2023, 12:46 PM)JohnD Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 03:10 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Yet another otherwise perfect project robbed of its registration number, so it’s a no from me.

If it still had its original registration number, but no paperwork - would you have been interested?

In a word yes. The original registration number holds the key to the history of the car, no matter how mundane that is, particularly when old photographs emerge.

Also, the age related numbers never look quite right in my view.

On the other hand, as John has said, the reduced price has a certain attraction!