The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Registration number
Not as any direct help in this case, but this is the scan of the relevant page for my Box Saloon - TK 9117. As you can see, *actual* car details do not appear..

Some time ago I did some research on an MG which had been discovered without a registration document. Like High's example, Sheffield did not record any details which would help in persuading DVLA to reissue the number:

Presumably because the actual details were written on the registraion document..

?

And the good people of Sheffield clearly took their handwriting much more seriously...
I am intrigued to see that, in the entry for 7882, Whitchurch is listed as a Vauxhall, someone has started to write ‘Fourteen’,got as far as the F and changed it to a more concise ‘14’.
Update on my lack of progress in retaining this registration mark.
DVLA rules now forbid the owner of the vehicle concerned with a V765 claim, from making the claim for himself. Therefore Peter Rowlands from the Pre War Club kindly made the latest application on my behalf. 
The application included a certified copy of Bedfordshire CC  Archive showing MJ 2704 issued to an Austin Seven, 25th August 1933, a copy of the Sports Register record for MJ 2704 listing chassis number and registration number, and an old tax disc  for 1968.
 The refusal letter from the DVLA states there is no acceptable document linking the chassis number to MJ 2704.
So, I am now in the progress of trying to trace 1967-1968 MOT archives, and Cardiff City Archives for Road Tax renewals 1967-68. The 1968 tax disc was issued by Cardiff .
Wish me luck